Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Grommet's and Adenoids.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 4:49 am
My five year old is having his adeniods removed and grommets put in on the 2nd July. Does anyone have any advice about this? How do you prepare a child for an operation? How long before do you start to speak to him about it? Did you find that your child had any pain afterwards and how long did it last for? Anything else that you think that I might need to do or know etc...?

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 6:18 pm
My sons surgery is sqedualed for this coming Monday!!!! We are going to the hospital at 12:30 lunch time. He will be going down sometime around 2PM. Please say Tehillim for him. His name is Gedalya HaCohen Ben Freyda Chaya Soroh. I'am so scared!!!!!! People say it is only minor surgery but this is the first time I've ever had one of my kids have an operation and I'am so totally scared. I know he is going to be okey but it still does not take away that my little boy is going to be put to sleep and going to be cut, etc.... Hopefully if everything goes fine he will be in the operating theatre for 45 minutes to one hour. He will be in hospital for one night but if he does bleed he could be in two nights.

Does anyone have any advice for keeping clam while their child is being put to sleep. they will only let one parent in when they are putting the kid to slepp. I'am just so scared that I'am going to cry before he falls asleep. They have said that we can go in to the recovery room when he wakes up. I think this is going to be the longest hour or so of my life. Sio any advice would be much appreciated.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 7:06 pm
NU!!!! has no one got any advice on here? Someone must have had a kid who has had an operation so please give me advise!!!!!!

Jo

Post Fri, Jun 29 2007, 10:49 am
My son had a minor op last year when he was just over 2 (not grommets/adenoids) and my DH was with him before and in recovery. I saw him shortly after that.
He was absolutely fine afterwards once he had some food and drink - was in the OR at 3pm and home by 7!!! A day or two later he was pretty much over it.

It will be far worse for you than for him- honestly. (bit like a bris)
Please please try to relax, which will help him too. it is very minor surgery and it will all be over before you know it. Kids bounce back really quickly.

Jo

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:29 am
If you get you read this before the op - wishing both of you good luck!!! Hope all goes well...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics