Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Free pair of shoes from Americhoice....

happy2Bamommy

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 9:12 pm
I just overheard a conversation that Americhoice is now covering for a pair of shoes per child up to $80 per pair. It requires a prescription and can be "filled" by Di Rubio on New Utrecht. Did anybody hear about this? I'd love to know if its true or just a scam!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 9:32 pm
Have no clue if its true but doesn't make sense. Why would they pay $80 bucks for a pair???

sunshine!

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 9:41 pm
I think the only way you can get a prescription for shoes is if your child has issues with his feet as determined by an orthopedist, podiatrist or your PCP. As a parent of a child who has issues and needs specialized shoes that accommodate SMO orthotics I know the process well and if people abuse the system it hurts those that need the service because then the insurances start making you crazy with letters of medical necessity etc. Aside from which, it is geneiva to take shoes from insurance when your child has no medical justification to be receiving them.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 9:46 pm
I'm assuming it means for people who need orthotics or something.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries