Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Recommendation for 9x13 toaster oven?
1  2  Next

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:39 am
So my toaster oven just died and I didn't have it very long ( but too long to return-- about a year?). Basically it started gradually falling apart not long after I bought it... So I need to get a new one ASAP and I'm looking for a recommendation. Does anyone have a toaster oven that's big enough for a 9 x 13 pan, that they've had long enough to know that it holds up well with near-daily use? (But didn't get it so long ago that the same or similar model would no longer be available.) Convection feature is nice but not absolutely necessary, if it cooks fine without it. Also would be nice if Walmart or Target carries it since it would make it easier for me to return it if I do end up having a problem with it. Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated!

chani4

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 2:31 am
I'm very happy with my kitchenaif

smiledr

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 7:33 am
Don't buy the oster brand - I hate mine. It shuts off after thirty minutes and takes 15 minutes to toast bread. It's terrible!!

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 9:56 am
Chani4 thanks for the recommendation! And Smiledr thanks for the warning! If you decide to get a new one, don't buy a West Bend-- also horrible.

Does anyone else have one that they're happy with? TIA Smile

anon1234

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:18 pm
We also have the oster one (for about 4 years now) use it daily. We actually really like it except that it turns off after 30 mins...a bit annoying. Next time around I would get one that doesn't have auto shutoff after 30 and one that has 2 shelves (holds two 9x13s, think muffins or similar where you dont want to do a million batches one after the other...) recently I saw one on Walmart website that has that, forget the name though...

MrsDash

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:50 pm
I wouldn't give up that easy. We had a toaster oven that was a couple years old. All we did was contact the company, and they sent us a brand new one. Smile

Ashrei

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 2:49 pm
MrsDash wrote:
I wouldn't give up that easy. We had a toaster oven that was a couple years old. All we did was contact the company, and they sent us a brand new one. Smile

Sounds like a solid company at least. What brand was that Mrs. Dash?

asd3

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 2:51 pm
I have a black and decker that I bought at target a few years ago works great we use it like every day. Fits 9x13 and comes with 12" pizza tray and had convection. We're very happy with it

suzyq

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 2:55 pm
We have an Oster also - it's this one -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....psc=1

The default setting turns it off after 30 minutes, but you can set it for longer than that. We have been very happy with it. We use it on a daily basis and it still looks like new after almost a year. Have had no problems.

anon1234

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:35 pm
Suzyq, that's the same one we have. How do you get it to not turn off after 30 minutes??!! Would really help to know! (Sorry to hijack thread)

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:44 pm
MrsDash wrote:

I thought of calling the company but I really disliked this toaster so much that if I could find a different brand that's recommended, for a reasonable price, I'm not sure if I'd even want them to send me a new one that's the same as the one that I had. Now if they'd give me a refund, that would be another story...

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:56 pm
asd3 wrote:
I have a black and decker that I bought at target a few years ago works great we use it like every day. Fits 9x13 and comes with 12" pizza tray and had convection. We're very happy with it

That sounds great but I checked and unfortunately Target's website says it's not available! Sad

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:58 pm
chani4 wrote:
I'm very happy with my kitchenaif

Can I ask how long you've had the Kitchenaid? Because I checked some reviews and a lot of people liked it, but a bunch of people said that it suddenly stopped working after maybe a year and a half.

CherryBerry

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:04 pm
I have this one

I like it so much I bought a second one to use for pesach. I've had it for at least a couple of years. the timer sets for up 60 min, or you can put it on stay on mode.
it fits a 9x13, and a 12" pizza pan.
I dont use it for toasting.

and its only 67 bucks

Odelyah

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:38 pm
CherryBerry wrote:
I have this one

I like it so much I bought a second one to use for pesach. I've had it for at least a couple of years. the timer sets for up 60 min, or you can put it on stay on mode.
it fits a 9x13, and a 12" pizza pan.
I dont use it for toasting.

and its only 67 bucks

Thank you that sounds good! But do you not use it for toasting because it doesn't toast well? Because I also need to use it for toast...

I really appreciate all the helpful responses!

chani4

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 6:09 pm
Odelyah wrote:
Chani4 thanks for the recommendation! And Smiledr thanks for the warning! If you decide to get a new one, don't buy a West Bend-- also horrible.

Does anyone else have one that they're happy with? TIA Smile

http://m.target.com/p/kitchena.....rwAcQ

It's been almost 3 years. Works great. I make pizza and lasagna in it

suzyq

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:10 am
anon1234 wrote:
Suzyq, that's the same one we have. How do you get it to not turn off after 30 minutes??!! Would really help to know! (Sorry to hijack thread)

Before you start baking, just push the plus button in the time section. You can set it however long you want. You can also add time the same way after it starts baking. I've set it for up to an hour and a half (but I think it can even go longer, not sure if there is a max).

MrsDash

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:20 am
Ashrei wrote:
Sounds like a solid company at least. What brand was that Mrs. Dash?

We have a Black & Decker. They sent us a newer model, because they didn't have ours in stock anymore.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:22 am
Odelyah wrote:
I thought of calling the company but I really disliked this toaster so much that if I could find a different brand that's recommended, for a reasonable price, I'm not sure if I'd even want them to send me a new one that's the same as the one that I had. Now if they'd give me a refund, that would be another story...

I'd suggest getting a brand that stands behind their product.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:57 am
I have an older model oster similar to the one suzyq posted. Its been going strong for 5 years, and I used either toast or convection features daily, sometimes both. It does have an automatic shutoff after 30 min, but you can also set it to go as long as you want so it's never been a problem. Actually, it comes in handy because people for some reason forget to turn it off sometimes when they take stuff out, so I appreciate the auto shutoff. Really have no complaints! It got dented in a move, but it didn't affect function in any way.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars