Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Changing designated uses for rooms around!

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 12:49 pm
You know we have a ginormous (such a word Rolling Eyes )master Bedroom and could fit almost one family inside, not one with 10 kids though Wink
I am seriously contemplating giving the kids that room for playing etc and taking one of their smaller rooms instead.
The only disadvantage is that the other room has a bathroom on suite whereas the one I intend moving us too has none though it's connected the the main bathroom perhpas all that is needed is a break in the wall to connect it. My husband is not keen on it, but since I will be doing all or most of the work he will be ok with it. Confused

I know a friend who made her living room her dining room instead. And a huge closet became someone elses office etc. So do u too think out of the box Question

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 1:12 pm
I think it is wonderful to think out of the box ... I always envisioned making the living room my bedroom because I love the fireplace ... and if you can do the work ... all the more so ... that's when it can be FUN!!!

Go for it - I like the idea!!!

chen

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 5:57 am
when you have more than a couple of kids, the only sensible thing is to give them the big bedroom. when we got married we didn't even think to take the big bedroom for ourselves--we automatically took the smaller one. What's the point, if you're going to have to move out anyway?

Apts. where we live were all designed to have a living room and dining room. No family with children uses them that way. The dining room is always the LR/DR and the living room is always a bedroom. Sometimes even part of the LR/DR is partitioned off for use as a nursery or bedroom.

Oh--unless you're very rich, no one here has the luxury of a "playroom". Kids play in their rooms. or in the LR if allowed to.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 6:22 am
We finished our basement and made it into a family room for the kids to play in. I know many people that add bedrooms in the basement as well.

mumoo

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 7:11 am
can you make two rooms out of the large one? One w/ the bathroom can be a guest room if necessary, other can be a playroom and then a bedroom if your family is growing. We put 3 kids into one room and used an empty bedroom for a play room, but that was short lived as there were more kids that needed a room. At some point, teenagers would like their own space if it's possible. The time children need a playroom is relatively short. Whatever changes you make, be sure they can be changed again as your family's needs change

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 7:11 am
I like it when ppl think outside the box!

raizy

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 8:05 pm
tefilla . little kids need a playroom . big kids dont. they like to be in their room doing homework and talking on the phone . when they invite kids over they really prefer to go to their rooms. etc.

so why give away the biggiest room. I would just make it into a big bedroom or two. and use a smaller room for playing.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 8:37 pm
Quote:
so why give away the biggiest room. I would just make it into a big bedroom or two. and use a smaller room for playing.

That looks like what we will do in the end. Tongue Out

Seraph

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 11:29 pm
We were strongly considering making a certain bedroom into our master bedroom. But then we realized that if there was a door from that room onto the porch/backyard, we would have no privacy in our room, because anyone would have to go through our room to the backyard. So we ended up taking the smaller room...

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 8:50 pm
We had to convert my dressing room into a baby room for dd. We have two guest rooms but on another floor, so yeah. We will be putting dd there when she will be older, maybe 1 year or something like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics