Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Ra_mom & yo'ma & the new recipe

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 12:58 pm
yup ~ I put both ra-mom's apple crisp recipe along with yo'ma's charoset latke recipe & voila it's happening as we speak with the aroma of apples & heaven

of course I had to modify some things because it was too runny after I put in the eggs

I chopped pieces of apple into the leftover charoses & then added the potatoe starch & eggs ... added more ground almonds & sugar cause the starch was too starchy - got the batter a bit more like potatoe latke & it's frying as we speak

certainly looks cut-able just like a kugel ...

time will tell - I did taste it raw & I'm about to flip it over Tongue Out

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:25 pm
okay wow ... it's really YUMM !!!

I think I need to make more charoses Wink

& it cut nicely - just like a kugel

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:33 pm
Wow!
If anyone wants to do a chessed, please cut and paste both the recipes and post here.
I just made my apple crisp and I don't see another one happening but I'd file for future reference.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:57 pm
What is ra moms apple crisp recipe? My ds made an apple crisp and I loved it. Too bad most of my kids don't care for things like that.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 2:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Apple Fritter
• 4-6 large apples (half green and half red), grated
• 4 eggs
• 4 Tbsp potato starch
• 4 Tbsp sugar
• pinch cinnamon
• oil, preferably nut oil
Mix together the apples, eggs, potato starch, sugar, and cinnamon by hand. Don't over-mix because you don't want it to become too soft and mushy. Heat a generous amount of oil in a small nonstick frying pan (for double the recipe use a 12-inch one), over a medium flame. There should be the amount of oil you would use if you were frying chicken cutlets. Pour in the apple mixture, filling the entire pan, and flatten. Cook for a few minutes and then lower the flame. Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes. Check with a spatula that the sides and bottom are brown. Remove the pan from the flame. Using a large flat plate, cover the frying pan and flip over the fritter onto the plate. Slide the fritter back into the pan and continue to cook another 5-10 minutes on a low flame. Remove the fritter from the pan, either by flipping again, or by sliding out. Cut into wedges and serve. Should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Reheat partially covered.

yo'ma wrote:
My ds asked me to make a lot of charoset because he loves it. Now that the Seder is over, I have too much leftover. I couldn't find a recipe I liked to make with it, so I made it into pancakes/latkes. I added matza meal, eggs, sugar, and a little oil and fried them. They're not bad, but probably a lot better with applesauce, but we don't have any.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 2:09 pm
like I mentioned - I used both ideas as a base & then followed my intuition ...

to my already food processed charoses I added potato starch 4 TB + more ground almonds + 2 types = 1 1/2 cut up apples into chunky pieces + 2 eggs + 3 TB sugar & cinnamon to taste & consistency then heated a 6" pan added oil - fried - flipped - fried - cut - ate

[didn't add matzo meal because I don't use it]

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 3:33 pm
So glad to hear Greenfire, I would love to taste! Smile
The apple fritter recipe is from one of the magazines a couple of years back, I think hink it was binah. I took it down because it was made stove top and I didn't always use my oven on pesach.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:41 am
update on apple fritter ...

I made another set for the last day meal ... but this time I just chopped some apples [with their skin] and added nuts, etc - so there was no grated apple - and it came out without any 'mush' and personally a lot more flavorful - it was liked by all [especially my vegetarian guest that ate 3 pieces cause there was otherwise a cow on the table]

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:42 am
oh & I want to add that the only one that fell apart was when I didn't properly heat the pan & wait for the oil to heat as well ... it helps singe the outside so it's crisp & cut-able

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 10:15 pm
bump

penguin

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 11:37 pm
Greenie, I started reading without looking at the date and I thought, OH NO, please tell me you're not already cooking Pesachdik?

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 11:41 pm
penguin wrote:
Greenie, I started reading without looking at the date and I thought, OH NO, please tell me you're not already cooking Pesachdik?

not I ... I barely know it's almost purim Clown

ruchel was looking for recipes ...

penguin

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:13 pm
Ruchel, please tell us you are not yet cooking for Pesach!

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 02 2015, 5:40 pm
I hope I remember to make some of these ... when I don't know I guess on chol ha'moed

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 27 2016, 7:08 pm
as good a time as any to make this apple fritter/charoses kugel ...

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:48 pm
recipe bump

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 1:19 pm
made vegan style latkes for my dd this year ... the nuts were chunky & gave it a nice bite ... I know because everybody ate them all - non gebrocht & egg free
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics