Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
They killed the neighbors cat.
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:01 am
That's it. They killed the neighbors little cat. Nobody liked it and everybody complained. Therefore somehow the mitzva on yom tov became to kill the baby kitty and leave it on their doorstep in a plastic bag.

How do you deal with people like this? Now they wonder why the owners are infuriated.

Is this my neighborhood? Is this my community? Who would want to be part of such sinas chinam!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:09 am
How cruel! No wonder you're upset. Hug

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:20 am
Tell them to go to the police. Now. This is harassment at best, psychopathy at worst.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:24 am
No words Sad

I would not want to live in a neighborhood of reshaim. Oy lerasha, oy leshcheno.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:26 am
This is horrible! I know someone who has heard that their neighbors are planning to potentially poison their cat. I just hope it never happens.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:26 am
it sounds to me like there is a lot more to the story.
was the that families cat? or was it just a stray that lived in the building?
I hate stray cats. they are dirty and carry disease. there are tons of them where I live.
that is not the same as a family pet that is taken care of.

inexorablyme

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:40 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
it sounds to me like there is a lot more to the story.
was the that families cat? or was it just a stray that lived in the building?
I hate stray cats. they are dirty and carry disease. there are tons of them where I live.
that is not the same as a family pet that is taken care of.

Um, tzaar baalei chaim? So if an animal is a stray its totally cool to kill it because reasons?

OP, that family should call the police. And whoever did it is a sick human being.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:45 am
inexorablyme wrote:
Um, tzaar baalei chaim? So if an animal is a stray its totally cool to kill it because reasons?

OP, that family should call the police. And whoever did it is a sick human being.

no I dont think its ok to stam kill an animal unless its dangerous or st like that.
I just think that most times there is more to a story.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:25 am
Not wanting to be gruesome but there's a huge difference between taking a cat and releasing it 15 kms away, and killing it. And a HUUUGE diff between making it disappear, whatever it means, and putting it dead on the doorstep!!!! RED FLAG. And imho it's how many serial killers started...

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:33 am
Don't make up stories where they don't exist. It was there pet kitten but a few months old. Not a building with strays but a home in a suburban neighborhood.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:43 am
OMG ~ there is NEVER a reason to kill anybody's pet !!! not only is it cruel & inhumane ~ it's bordering on psycho ...

it's also an offense punishable by law - fine and/or imprisonment

5*Mom

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:49 am
greenfire wrote:
OMG ~ there is NEVER a reason to kill anybody's pet !!! not only is it cruel & inhumane ~ it's bordering on psycho ...

it's also an offense punishable by law - fine and/or imprisonment

No, it IS psycho.

Was this children - really really awful - or adults - really really psycho?

chavs

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:55 am
I'd report it to the RSPCA and the police. That's really awful! Poor kitten.
Did the owners have kids? Did the kids see this?
We had chickens and when the fox killed them my ds was traumatised, and he still cries when thinking about his fish that died. I cant imagine how he'd react if it was our cat and if it was killed, by a person to boot and left on the door step. It's just beyond cruel!

smiledr

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:55 am
Killing small animals is how psychopaths start off...and move on to bigger things. It's a crime to kill or torture an animal in the us and I would report it. There is just no way I could keep quiet about something like this.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 12:05 pm
smiledr wrote:
Killing small animals is how psychopaths start off...and move on to bigger things. It's a crime to kill or torture an animal in the us and I would report it. There is just no way I could keep quiet about something like this.

Fully agree with you.

How do I report this if it didn't happen to my pet? I'm not sure which neighbor killed it?

What bothers me if they all claimed the kids were scared then it had to be an adult. (that's an assumption)

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:48 pm
I don't know where you live. in america, this is a crime that people go to jail for.

I would find out who to call to report them, if you can do so where you live.

(also, Jewishmom8, the only diseases a cat carries are feline diseases or fleas. don't exaggerate. they also keep the rodent population down--and rodents *do* carry disease. bubonic plague and all that.)

Last edited by vintagebknyc on Wed, Apr 23 2014, 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:00 pm
Sorry but I don't understand

Who killed a cat and why would anyone do that?

granolamom

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 4:10 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I don't know where you live. in america, this is a crime that people go to jail for.

I would find out who to call to report them, if you can do so where you live.

(also, Jewishmom8, the only diseases a cat carries are feline diseases or fleas. don't exaggerate. they also keep the rodent population down--and rodents *do* carry disease. bubonic plague and all that.)

The NY times recently ran an article about the health risks stray cats pose to humans. It's more than just fleas.

That said, it's really sick to kill someone's cat, even if it is a stray.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 4:20 pm
granolamom wrote:
The NY times recently ran an article about the health risks stray cats pose to humans. It's more than just fleas.

That said, it's really sick to kill someone's cat, even if it is a stray.

you're correct, I misspoke.

wispalover

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 4:43 am
I cannot comprehend the evil behind someone that would prompt them to kill a cat, never mind leave it in a plastic bag. Why complain about a cat? Because they are afraid? Pathetic.

I always heard that one is not allowed to even kill insects on Shabbat, never mind not being allowed to kill an animal on Shabbat or Chag. What a disgrace the people who killed the little cat are.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets