Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Weight
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Mon, Sep 27 2004, 11:41 pm
Help! I use to be a size 8 till my 4th kid and I am 5-10". Well at number 7 I am a whopping 50lbs overweight my sister is getting married in December and we are doing another barmitzvah in Aug ia"h please give me Real ideas No my diet has not changed I never ate well and still don't.
eg coffeee my breakfast Lunch maybe a sandwichand salad for supper all of my familys leftovers. My husband thinks I lost weight Rolling Eyes well just having twins yea well anything looks smaller but I leave him to his allusion but really I need advice.

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 28 2004, 10:36 am
I have a great exercise video called "bounce back after baby" by Denise Austin. Its really helps and fun too! (and cheap). if you have time to exercise about an hour 3-4 times a week, I recommend this highly!

Tefila

Post Wed, Sep 29 2004, 1:43 am
Smile Thanks for the info. After sukkos I will try it and see how I go ba"h.

miriam

Post Thu, Oct 14 2004, 11:34 am
Mazel tov on your sister. I also suggest a girdle so you can feel better about how you look.

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 20 2004, 11:59 pm
Hooray I lost 8lbs 42lbs to go I am using my treadmill daily

miriam

Post Thu, Oct 21 2004, 9:50 am
YAY!!! Keep up the good work.

ForeverYoung

Post Fri, Oct 22 2004, 10:47 am
Wow! keep it up!

here's what worked for some people:
after 7pm eat only fruit & veggies (exept potatos & bananas)
& no sweet drinks - even juices - drink water, tea or coffe (if you don't add sugar to them)

Good luck & keep us posted!

Last edited by ForeverYoung on Fri, Mar 18 2005, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

kookykup

Post Sat, Nov 06 2004, 5:45 am
what woiks for me is having permenant walking partners. Eg: tues & thurs I walk with one person, mondays another and I'm looking for someone for wed's & fridays. When you know someone is counting on you, you don't want to let them down and after I walk I don't want to eat junk. At least not right away LOL . All in all it helps me lose and get rid of inches

CS

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 10:02 am
Freilich - congrats on your weight loss - keep it up (or down in this case). I think treadmilling everyday is excellent. I do think though that you have to fuel your body differently in order to keep it burning off calories. Breakfast should be more substantial than a coffee - try egg whites and a piece of fruit or veggies. I try to fry up tomatoes in cooking spray - takes a few minutes - I spray the pan, put in some spices - pepper, salt, garlic powder, brown them, add the tomatoes and leave them alone while I make lunches or something. I add feta cheese, or make egg whites - it's very filling and your keeps your metabolism burning. When you skip meals, your body starts shutting down and defeats the purpose of starving or exercising.

good luck freilich - I know it's a frustrating battle - don't go after quick results though - it always backfires. Slow and steady

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 2:40 pm
CS, great recipie!
do yo fry the tomatoes sliced like circles? how thin?
do your kids eat them too?
(Or do hey refuse to even look at thme? LOL)
thanks in advance!

Sunshine

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 2:54 pm
Drink 8 cups of water a day! I find that when I do this I have very little room left for food so I only eat at mealtimes and I eat smaller portions. You will be running to the bathroom every few min and will feel bloated in the begining, but after a while your body gets used to it. I have a big water bottle that I always have with me so it remindes me to drink, and lets me kknow how many mor cups I have left to go. This also is good for your skin(it will make it soft) and it is good for digestion. Also, cut fruits and veggies in the morning and have them ready to grab if you do get hungry. This will really do wonders if you also do exercise.

CS

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 11:55 pm
ForeverYoung - believe it or not, my kids love this. I make it for myself and they always dive in. Sometimes I cut the tomatoes into squares, or I slice them about 3/4 inch wide. It really is delicious and the kids love the feta cheese too - I never seem to make enough if the kids are around.

Another good filling low calorie meal (which my kids gobble up from my plate) - cucumbers, tomatoes cubed, feta cheese crumbled seasoned with lemon pepper and salt. Go figure kids - I guess whatever mama likes is good enough for them.

supermom

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 2:02 pm
now that everyone is talking about weight loss maybe someone could help me? I don't eat junk, everything whole wheat , I excersice, eat a lot of veggis and fruit, drink my daily water and still can't seem to lose weight and the bad news is that I am gaining weight real fast. I stopped nursing about a month ago and since then I am gaining Sad and sadly enough I look like a balloon!!! help!! Crying

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 2:23 pm
Quote:
the bad news is that I am gaining weight real fast

Ah, Supermom did you speak to your Dr? Do you think it is your thyroid? B/c from what you are describing, you should be losing, nevermind gaining..... Unless ......... Wink Very Happy

CS

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 3:11 pm
supermom I agree with Freilich - maybe have it checked out. Also, check how much whole wheat stuff you are having - could be too many carbs.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 7:21 pm
cs
Quote:
I agree with Freilich

8) not many do 8)

supermom

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 4:16 pm
since I stop nursing I started this rapid weight gain they say that nursing burns calories real fast so I suppose the calories aren't burning up as fast as they should be. I spoke to my doctor he made me take a blood test B"H you might be right about to many carbs I think I might be consuming to much whole wheat. I never thought of it because of the rapid weight loss while nursing

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 4:35 pm
Quote:
unless ......... Wink Very Happy

dont worry she isnt. I know everythng about her

Last edited by proudmom on Sun, Jul 24 2005, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 5:32 pm
Quote:
I know everythng about her

Poor girl Wink Wink Wink

Rivka

Post Thu, Nov 18 2004, 6:58 pm
Have more protein in your diet, it is filling too, but don't cut out the carbs as your body needs it for energy.
Also don't expect your weight to suddenly go after you stopped feeding, I only started to lose anything a year after my son was born and I also thought feeding would help but it didn't, now I am getting thinner not at an amazing fast pace as that is not healthy either, but I have been going to the gym and I walk to take my son to creche and then to work and all that takes about 45 minutes everyday.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen