Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My kids drank Raspberry Leaf Tea- How harmful is that?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 1:56 am
My MIL accidentally gave my kids my raspberry leaf tea to drink. They each had about a cupful. Is that dangerous? It's the next day, and they both seem okay, but I'm still a little anxious...

morah

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:01 am
It's fine. It's an herbal tea. It happens to have some benefits specifically for pregnant women. Doesn't mean nobody else can have it. It's just tea. Nobody's gonna sprout an extra uterus or anything.

Liba

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:06 am
It is fine. Really. Don't worry. People give it to their kids when they have stomachaches.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 9:24 am
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-.....BERRY

"Red raspberry is a plant that is the source of a widely eaten, tasty, sweet berry. However, red raspberry fruit and leaf have also been used as medicine for centuries. The therapeutic use of raspberry leaf was first described in 1597 in a book called “The Herbal,” or “A General History of Plants.” Today, red raspberry leaf and fruit are still used as medicine.

Red raspberry leaf is used for gastrointestinal (GI) tract disorders, including diarrhea; for respiratory system disorders, including flu and swine flu; and for heart problems, fever, diabetes, and vitamin deficiency. It is also used to promote sweating, urination, and bile production. Some people use it for general "purification of skin and blood.”

Some women use raspberry leaf for painful periods, heavy periods, morning sickness associated with pregnancy, preventing miscarriage, and easing labor and delivery.

Red raspberry leaf is applied directly to the skin for sore throat and skin rash.

In foods, red raspberry fruit is eaten and processed into jams and other foods. Red raspberry leaf in small quantities is a source of natural flavoring in Europe."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics