Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it an Olam Sheker? (as per other thread)

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 9:51 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....rt=50
Quote:
Even though I asked a Shaila, and was advised not to say anything, I was a little nauseated, to see a very admired Gadol sitting at the Vort, smiling from ear to ear, who I know knows the situation, and I doubt would say anything because the parents of the boy, are this Rov and Rebbitzen's good friends. From past experience, I know they protect their friends.

I came home thinking it's a world of Sheker.

DH says, what would you expect them to do?
I answered DH what if it was the Rov and Rebbitzen's daughter, wouldn't they want to be told?

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 9:55 am
the world is full of sheker ... sorry I know how hard it can be ... I have had trouble listening to a chazan or a baal korah or even a rabbi ... when I know some of the not nice things they have done to family members ... to me this feels the same ... how can I feel anything from someone who doesn't live up to the standards that they outwardly uphold ...

faigie

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 9:58 am
one would expect a gadol to get up and do the right thing, even at his own expense.
and there are some who do!
those who are in it for the ego, ignore them.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 10:07 am
amother wrote:

I personally was in a situation where a shidduch was made and the boys rosh yeshiva wanted to meet me because he heard my mother was a geiores to make sure everything was good. But nobody ever told me that he had issues including hugh mental ones within his family. Well I can't believe that after I got divorced I was told by his "friends" oh yes he was doing so good with you we had thought he changed and now he is his old self again. Well thank you very much - for NOTHING!

I can't help but to reiterate this because it was the ROSH YESHIVA who knew the boy and his mother both had mental issues - it is hard to respect such a person - even if he is a gadol!

especially if he is a gadol!!!

chaimsmom

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 1:32 pm
I have often felt like I'm living in the story "The Emperor's New Clothes." People know about problems, but because everyone is worried about keeping up appearances, no one says anything.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 1:36 pm
chaimsmom wrote:
I have often felt like I'm living in the story "The Emperor's New Clothes." People know about problems, but because everyone is worried about keeping up appearances, no one says anything.
How does saying anything to strangers about a problem, change anything effectively? You only make tongues wag.

chaimsmom

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
How does saying anything to strangers about a problem, change anything effectively? You only make tongues wag.

Who said anything about saying anything to strangers? I'm talking about addressing problems among people involved in the situation. How do you ever fix a problem if no one wants to admit it exists?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics