Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Buying a house-should I choose nicer layout? or bigger yard?

birdy

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:20 pm
There is new construction in my neighborhood, we're looking at 2 houses that will be for sale. One of them is a much nicer layout, it's built in the width, not the length, the other one's layout is not as nice, but has a backyard 4 times the size of the first. Which to choose??? I'm so confused...

musicmom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:27 pm
Well, it's up to you, but I vote for the nicer layout. You spend more time in your house! My family has a yard with a swingset, sandbox and a hammock, but we don't use it as often as we go to the park to see our friends or have a change of scenery, so I guess your lifestyle fits into the question as well... How much time do you spend in your yard? How close are you to a park?

Zehava

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:33 pm
I vote for the nicer layout. A big yard needs maintenance. Unless you really want the bigger yard for a specific reason.

chani4

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:33 pm
birdy wrote:
There is new construction in my neighborhood, we're looking at 2 houses that will be for sale. One of them is a much nicer layout, it's built in the width, not the length, the other one's layout is not as nice, but has a backyard 4 times the size of the first. Which to choose??? I'm so confused...

whats the sq footage of the homes?

momX4

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:36 pm
I would take a bigger house. When kids play outside they go from one backyard to the next.

mirel1

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:39 pm
if you really want a bigger yard now take that--and then you have room to extend the house if you ever need..

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 12:49 pm
I would say pick the nicest layout.
But you have to decide based on where do you and your kids spend the most time indoors or outdoors?
Also a bigger yard needs more maintenance .

Simple1

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:16 pm
It's hard to say without seeing them and also knowing how big they are.

A backyard is nice - but it just needs to be a decent size. It doesn't need to be huge and like other said will need maintenance it's too big. (Unless your type who will want to host big outdoor parties )

happymom4

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:20 pm
It's a very personal decision...but you can't ever increase your yard size but you can always change your layout!
Good Luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics