Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Earlier Chabad Rebbeim and other gedolim
Previous  1  2

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 9:04 am
Quote:
I'm very sorry but calling someone's post misinformation is a little extreme, don't you think? ...

Because officially it's against Imamother rules to discuss the topic.

Quote:
Why is it misinformation to say that someone who is no longer living cannot be the Mashiach?

After the countless times this statement has been refuted on this website, it seems you should be able to answer this question.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 9:36 am
GR, it's true what betshy says, as a matter of fact Rabbi Avigdor Miller had personal ties of friendship to Lubavitcher Chassidim, and learned Chassidus with them.

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 9:38 am
Never mind. I heard that from someone who is a self-hating Jew who's told countless lies and misinformation. I shouldn't have written that, just wanted betshy's perspective on that.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 10:09 am
bashinda wrote:
Tsena: I don't doubt anything you write but ask respectfully for sources because I'd like to see where I can read more about what the Friederker Rebbe was doing once he was here in America (besides what I can read in the hayom yom)

I knew the Rebbe brings down the same posek about learning limudei kodesh first in a sicha -probably parshas Terumah right?- but had no clue it was the Friederker Rebbe who first brought this down and that it was opposed. It kind of surprises me. Why wouldn't they want other yeshivas to teach limudei kodesh first? And isn't that what they do now? I like to hear about the Friederker Rebbe but boy is this frustrating.

my source for this information is my father נ"י who was a bachur learning in 770 in those days. For an overview on Chabad in america in those days see "Toldos Chabad B'Artzos HaBris" from Rabbi Shalom Ber Levin, librarian of the library of Agudas Chassidei Chabad.

Quote:
probably parshas Terumah right?-
the verse is from parshas Shelach, but don't know which sicha youre referring to.

Last edited by TzenaRena on Mon, Apr 16 2007, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Motek

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 10:11 am
thanks GR for responding to shalhevet

shalhevet - any further questions can be addressed to me via pm

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 10:38 am
TzenaRena wrote:
Chavamom, of course not every "Yeshivish" leader opposed the Fr. Rebbe, and indeed, many had the greatest respect.

In fact, Kol Koreis were issued jointly by the Frierdiker Rebbe, Rabbi Chaim Ozer Grodzenski, and the Chofetz Chaim!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics