Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby whisperer

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 11:54 am
Which version of the book should I be buying?

(Normal 5 week old non-colic baby)

busydev

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 1:35 pm
the baby whisperer answers all your questions has way more details then thr other books, but its not as nice a read. it also inc,udes baby and toddler info-so both in 1.
if you only get one thats the one I would recommend. otherwise get all 3! (or take the first ones out of the library)

smss

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 1:46 pm
I would NOT recommend following her feeding schedules. they are insane.

she has some good ideas for sleep training though, if you use them appropriately.

LittleRed

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 2:02 pm
I would recommend Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. I like her general outlook on things and found the E.A.S.Y. (eat, activity, sleep, you) routine the be very helpful.

sunny90

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 2:12 pm
I found the sleeping part the hardest. None of my kids were good sleepers til six months, when I finally chucked the shh pat and pupd and let them cry it out. It took a matter of days.
On the bright side, it gave me something to structure my day, which helped me a lot as I'm a very type A kind of person. But it can get a bit obsessive.

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 2:22 pm
I don't think anybody should let a baby cry it out. I don't think it is allowed by the tora

sunny90

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 3:34 pm
amother wrote:
I don't think anybody should let a baby cry it out. I don't think it is allowed by the tora

OMG, seriously?

Firstly, by CIO I meant controlled crying where I checked in on my baby.
Secondly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. With my DS3, I became a better and happier mother after ONE NIGHT because he started sleeping through, and he is a happier and better rested baby. He woke up the next morning cooing and smiling and he's been a joy ever since.
It is NOT your place to judge, O high and mighty anonymous poster.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics