Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
BALTIMORE --- Looking to borrow Jewish books for 8 y.o. girl

queen

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 8:11 pm
Would appreciate hearing suggestions or offers from those in Baltimore -

My 8 year old daughter is becoming an avid reader and I much prefer her reading and drinking up Jewish content over library books. Unfortunately the library books for young readers often are story lines that really don't go with our lifestyles.

Right now she's devouring the Mindel/Liba/Penina series by Miriam Walfish

Does anyone in Baltimore have these books or other books for young readers that we could borrow?
Obviously we'd take super care or replace book if not exactly how we got them.

Thank you in advance for responding.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 9:29 pm
Feel free to contact me. I have amassed a bit of a collection, though my oldest 2 readers are boys, so that might interfere with having the same material she is interested in. But I have an old document of books we own, and I've added on as well.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 8:23 am
My daughter (almost 10) is also a huge reader, and I'm having difficulty finding appropriate books for her in the public library. We are thinking about stopping to take out books from the public library. Do you have any recommendations of where to get books in Baltimore? Is the Goldfeiz library still around? How much is it per month? What kids magazines have the most reading content? Thanks for your feedback!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 8:46 am
As far as I know the RYS gemach library (Goldfeiz) is a yearly fee (when I was a member, it was $20 or so for the year).
I wish I was still in Baltimore to offer my books to the public Sad
My son who is that age prefers Mishpacha Jr of the ones he has seen. It's not nearly enough to keep him satisfied though.

We hardly go to the public library right now, but my third grader has been taking out Nancy Drews from the school library and loving them. He's also just started agreeing to read Boxcar Children and realized they're pretty good too.

underthestars

Post Wed, May 27 2015, 2:05 pm
rabbi weiss's shul also has a library. Maybe you can work something out (we actually became associated members just to join the library for my kids!) They will probably only charge you from now until elul which won't cost that much (but it will probably be more than $20)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics