Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Diaper dilemma (re: $$$)
1  2  3  Next

anon

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 2:48 pm
So far we've been using Pampers diapers since we heard they are the best, but they're expensive and the money is adding up. I wanted to know:

1) Is there a cheaper way to buy expensive brands?

and

2) Are there cheaper brands that work well (I.e., they don't leak much)? I saw that costco has their own brand of diapers (Kirkland). I was wondering if they're good. While I do want to save money, I DONT want to be dealing with explosive leaks all the time!

Thanks for your input!

baseballmom

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 2:51 pm
At periods in time when we were short on $$ we used either LOVES or the Target brand. They were both fine

mimsy7420

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 2:54 pm
I would go on the websites or call the companies and ask for free samples to see for yourself if they compare to brand name pampers.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:07 pm
I actually prefered huggies to pampers. I also used the BJs brand diapers.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:10 pm
I don't live in the US but I use store brand diapers and they are fine. When I lived in NY I used Luvs and I don't remember having problems. Buy a few types and try them out.

Squash

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:12 pm
I only use Luvs and have had no problems. Pathmark brand is also known to be good.

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:15 pm
I've used Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, BJ's, Target, Walmart. I've had no problem with leaking except if the diaper was either too big or too small.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:17 pm
I usually use LUVS during the day and then Pampers Cruisers for the night.
You can call and ask for coupons. Sometimes they'll send you coupons even for free diapers. (btw, Luvs and Pampers are owned by the same company - but why not call both and ask for coupons?)
I also buy Pampers when they're on sale when I have a coupon, so then the price is similar. The the point: get on their mailing lists!
Also - another thign - buy in bulk. 1800diapers.com, for example. If you use them, I can give you a code to get $2 off your first order. If you order $50 worth (2 cases, or 1 case and another item) you get free shipping.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:19 pm
I use mainly Luvs. If the store doesnt have the size I need I buy Pampers. I tried Huggies once or twice, but I found that they leaked.

jewgal84

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:22 pm
I was at a big walmart the other day and I specifically was comparing prices, and there isnt much of a diff. between, pampers, huggies or luvs Rolling Eyes ?

anon

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:32 pm
So are you guys saying that you really don't think there's a difference between name brands and cheap brands?

Also, has anyone had experience with Kirkland diapers?

saboni

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:39 pm
I've bought the kirkland ones and they are perfectly fine. Costco in general goes to different companies and just puts their name on it. All the kirkland brand products are good quality (laundry detergent, tissues, etc).

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 3:43 pm
personally, I think you have to find the right diaper for each baby. Luvs, Pampers, and Target brands aren't as tall as the Huggies and BJ's (which is made to imitate Huggies) diapers, so they don't come up as far. which means that I don't use the shorter ones for nighttime since there's less room in them.

ltlesmartmom

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 4:24 pm
DD couldnt use papmers she used to get a rash. we used luvs and walmart was the cheapest also walmart has free shipping on diapers so try them at walmart.com

rainbow

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 4:30 pm
I like huggies a lot. Maybe stock up when they're on sale. I've used Pathmark diapers too, and they're cheap as well....

anuta

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 7:45 pm
I buy Kirkland brand. The quality is excellent. I like them better than pampers, because pampers now has that mesh inside and I don't like it.
My son can only tolerate Pampers and Kirkland brand, he gets a rash from Huggies and all others.

cindy324

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 8:42 pm
Actually GR, I found that the Target brand ran a bit larger than the brand name of the same size. And I long ago have stopped buying Brand names unless they're on major sale. I use Target, Kirkland, BJ's own brand, RiteAid brand and NEVER had a problem, unless of course there was major diarrhea and with that I got the same results, brand name or not, they leaked.

shayna82

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 9:07 pm
we have been using white cloud, walmarts brand since my oldest was a baby. weve had no problem. we were just there, and I remember the price

walmart box of 80 something, was 15.22, same amount in Pampers was 22.00---

we used luves once on a trip and it leaked thru a bunch of times

miriam

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 9:28 pm
I pretty much have only used Luvs. A few times, I bought coupons on ebay. I bought like $20 worth of coupons for around five dollars.

ShanaMatele

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 9:36 pm
We use Kirkland now, and love them. HTH!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics