Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Diaper dilemma (re: $$$)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

chochma73

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 10:00 pm
I think it really depends on your kid, for some I used huggies for others I used pampers and the last ones 'ive been using luvs because they are cheaper and not leaking. I believe it is trial and error and if one brand leaks and it is not because of the size then try another - b"h there is plenty of competition.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 10:05 pm
I'm very happy with the Target brand.
80 diapers, size 3 cost $10.59!
I was also happy with CVS, but Target is much cheaper.

ruthanne

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 10:53 pm
jewgal84 wrote:
I was at a big walmart the other day and I specifically was comparing prices, and there isnt much of a diff. between, pampers, huggies or luvs Rolling Eyes ?

Thats odd! B/c in BJ's Pampers are $35 for a box and Huggies around $30 and Luvs $22.
I think that's a considerable difference between Pampers and Luvs! shock

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 11:03 pm
ltlesmartmom wrote:
DD couldnt use papmers she used to get a rash. we used luvs and walmart was the cheapest also walmart has free shipping on diapers so try them at walmart.com

I had the exact opposite problem ... pampers and huggies were the only ones my 2 oldest would not get a rash from ... extremely sensitive skin ... dd still does

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 1:35 am
Ruthanne, that's funny, I thought Huggies was the most expensive of the three with pampers being next and luvs being the cheapest.

I decided once to use a non name brand and my baby got such a rash that I stick to name brands only now.

gryp

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:17 am
Quote:
Actually GR, I found that the Target brand ran a bit larger than the brand name of the same size

cindy, maybe you were comparing them to Pampers? I bought Pampers once when BJ's didn't have their own brand stocked Confused and I remember now Target's was a drop taller. But BJ's and Huggies are even taller. I buy Luvs if I don't have a way to buy generic brand diapers out of Crown Heights, and I use them as an in-between size. ie, once size 3 of the BJ's brand is too small, I can use Luvs size 4, and then in a few weeks graduate to BJ's size 4. (my 4.5 month old ka"h is a size 4 shock )

I also really liked the White Clouds from Walmart, shayna.

Quote:
Thats odd! B/c in BJ's Pampers are $35 for a box and Huggies around $30 and Luvs $22.

and BJ's diapers are even cheaper- 19.99 I think. somewhere around there.

R&RMom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:30 am
A friend of mine sears by the CVS brand diapers..I am not sure how much they cost, but I know that they are cheaper that the brand names (like Pampers, Huggies and even Luvs) Very Happy

BlumaG

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:33 pm
I really like the CVS Supreme diapers, $8.99 a package but sometimes its but one get one half off

happy2beme

Post Tue, May 01 2007, 12:07 pm
I tried LUVS a couple of times & I hated them. I always use pampers, but I got a bunch of the luvs samples in the mail so I decided to try it.

did anyone else find that luvs is very bulky? Luvs dry had the same bulkiness (stick out of pants) as when pampers are wet.

everytime ds wore luvs I thought he was wet cuz his diaper felt bulky & he wasn't!

I just couldn't get used to the diff

YALT

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:22 am
for those who do buy Pampers - Target seems to be the cheapest.
Size #4 92 pcs. $19.99

momofgirls

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:53 am
I buy the Luvs brand and I'm always getting coupons for $3 off at target so I get a box for like $13-14 and I never really had any problems with leaking.

anon

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 12:35 pm
after experimenting with different brands, we also chose to stick with luvs. how do you get those coupons from target?

momofgirls

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 12:51 pm
not sure but if you send me your e-amil I can forward it to you, maybe sign up to there web site.

MMEC123

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 2:38 pm
I found that Luvs and Huggies don't fit as well and leak a lot. We ordered from 1800diapers.com and they were much much cheaper than stores and had free shipping.

happyone

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 4:02 pm
You could sometimes do well by shopping on ebay for pampers.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 4:48 pm
I usually buy Huggies bec. they send me coupons, so a Jumbo pack after sale is $8 and after coupon is $6. CVS usually gives coupons to save $4 off $20 in any baby products, so I get 2 packs of diapers for $16 and 2 packs of wipes for $5. That's $21, a coupon for each pk of diapers, -4, and -4 off the $20 purchase... ends up $13 for 2 pk huggies dipes and 2 pk huggies wipes. Not bad!
I find that without a sale, store brands are the same $ as the good ones. And they don't have coupons.
But sometimes they do have really good sales.

Playskool makes bad diapers. Pathmark and RiteAid are the same- they're pretty good.
Ritte Aid has a box of Huggies for $20 all the time. That's the same cost (per diaper) as the bags when they are on sale. But for the box I can only use 1 coupon, but the bags I can use for each and can save $4 instead of $2.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:11 pm
GAMzu, you're not in Brooklyn, are you? You can rarely find Huggies for $8, even on sale. I find the Jumbo packs on sale for $10 here...maybe 9. So with a $1.50 coupon....
I usually get Pampers on sale with coupons. Or Luvs by the case ($30 for value case). But I do buy Cruisers for at night, but a box lasts about 1/2 a year!

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:39 pm
Yeah, I'm in B'klyn. CVS and Rite Aid usually have the $7.99 sale. Sometimes $8.99. The coupons are sometimes $1.50 and sometimes $2.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 12:47 am
hey! I've had an interesting idea which I'm working on, and figured this would be the right place to feel it out.

here it is: I'd like to sell brand name diapers, wipes and formula cheaply from my home.
I have my ways of getting them, which I cant go into now, but my question is: would you go to one place just for diapers, wipes and formula, if the grocery store has them as well?? I mean I would probably be cheaper than all the grocery stores but is it worth another stop or do people like the covenience of everything in one store even if it is a bit more expensive???
WDYT??

Last edited by Twizzlers on Tue, Jul 03 2007, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 12:49 am
Depends. If it would be cheaper than I get with a sale and coupon, then yes. Assuming it's walking distance from me.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics