Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Please help me help my son

amother

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 1:19 pm
My son, my oldest child, is k"h a very active 11 year old. He is also has a very obsessive personality. It is to the point that he can only focus his mind on his obsession.
He loves anything related to sports. He plays a whole variety of sports as often as he can. Aside from that he insists on following every sport out there, to the point that every morning he must check scores from the variety of teams which he loves. He is having a really hard time but his focus onto anything else I.e. school work. his obsession has lead me to not trust him, if im not home hell turn on the radio or check scores on my phone while its in the charger if im outside with the others. I cant leave the house without hiding the computer or taking it with me. its gotten to the point where last week friday nt after I went to sleep he turned on the radio to hear the scores
He refuses to get involved in another hobby.
He also has terrible anger issues, to the point that he is hitting himself and his siblings whenever they do anything he doesnt like.
he has a good head and can learn if wants too

im so lost I really dont know what to do

any advice would be great thanks

the world's best mom

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 1:45 pm
Is he receiving any services? It sounds very necessary.

amother

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 3:25 pm
He's not getting services because he doesn't fit the profile for anything. He has no learning disabilities or speech, pt or ot issues. I would love to find him a therapist that could be like a mentor for him but idk anyone in brooklyn
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)