Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
5 Minutes in a Mom's Head-- hilarious

princessleah

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:28 am
on HuffPost today--

What time is it? What day is it? Oh gosh this bed feels so good. Why can't I just stay here all day. That would be the perfect vacation. Screw the Caribbean, I just want my bed. My bed with Netflix and cheesecake. And Tostitos. Guacamole, too. Mmm. Nachos. And sangria. I'll never be skinny. Maybe I should do that Facebook ab challenge. Because I need something fresh to fail at. I should do a cheesecake challenge. Try a new cheesecake every day.

What are they fighting about? A highlighter? In a room full of toys that I paid good money for, these kids are fighting over a highlighter? Speaking of toys, I should probably wash their stuffed animals. What if they're full of dust mites. What if there's an entire city of dust mites right behind Tenderheart Bear's eyes? A dust mite community with freeways and infrastructure and elected dust mite officials. I need to be more on top of this stuff. Why can't I be a normal, responsible, Pinterest mom? I haven't made my baby one sensory table or ice tray full of colorful little finger foods.

What do I need to do today... return calls, answer emails, return texts from days ago... people probably think I'm so rude. I need to get organized. I need to organize this whole house. This room is a mess. I saw on Oprah that your bedroom is a reflection of your marriage. God please don't let that be true. I need to declutter. At the very least I need to put away all of this laundry. It's a bad sign when you run out of laundry baskets and start using clear storage containers. But first I need to take all of the clothes out of all of the drawers and sort. I'm tired of seeing my 4-year-old put on 2T pants. But they kind of look like capri pants, right? I just hate getting rid of clothes. Especially when I know they can't be passed down. Maybe we should have another baby. I don't feel done. I feel crazy and stressed out, but not done. Would I need a bigger car? I am not driving a minivan.

They should definitely have some fruit this morning. Strawberries. Too bad they're not organic. Aren't they on the dirty dozen list? It's probably better to eat air than a non-organic strawberry. They're probably just pesticides in the shape of strawberries. Strawberry-shaped toxic bombs of agricultural poison. I'll rinse them first.

I need to clean out the fridge. And the freezer. We're never going to eat that stuff. I hate that we waste so much. What am I going to make for dinner tonight? I've already done tacos... chicken... nobody likes my meatloaf. We need to eat less meat. I'm killing my family. Pasta? But gluten is bad, right? Rice. Rice with... I don't know. Maybe I'll just pick up a pizza. I've cooked for three nights in a row and deserve a night off. Definitely pizza.

I wish I could be more like my sister-in-law. She's so organized. My house looks like an outlet mall threw up in here and then lay down and made vomit angels in the vomit. Today is definitely a mopping day. Last night I think I saw a dust bunny roll across the family room like a tumbleweed in those old Western films. But first I have to go to the store and get some vinegar. I should throw out all of the harsh cleaners. Those chemicals are probably hurting the baby. It'll be my fault if there's ever something wrong with him. Me and my stupid love of Fresh Scent. What is Fresh Scent anyway? Wouldn't Fresh Scent technically be odorless? It's just that Fresh Scent makes me feel accomplished. Like I did something. They should call it "Progress Scent" or "I Tried Scent."

I need to get more pacifiers. At this point I'm starting to think they evaporate into thin air. Maybe goblins come in the night and steal them for their goblin babies. Speaking of goblins, I should sign them up for summer camp today. I hope I haven't missed the deadline. I can't believe how expensive camp is this year. I can see why some moms turn to stripping. Wasn't there a Lifetime movie about that? Stripping For Summer Camp?

Everyone needs doctor appointments. I wish doctors made house calls. But then I'd have to clean. Maybe I'd just spritz a little I Tried Scent in the air.

OK, if I don't get up now we're going to be late. Oh man, I have to stop for gas. I'm on empty. Why do I always wait until the last minute? Because I was rushing home to make dinner.

They want breakfast. Why haven't I heard the baby yet? Is he OK? I hope he's OK. Did he wake up last night? I can't remember. Oh no. What if I go in there and... oh, there he is. He's screaming now. I wish he'd sleep a little longer.

link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html

rae gi

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:31 am
LOL. Thanks for posting.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:43 am
That could have been me for the most part - Smile

baskrox

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:43 am
Love this!

lavender_dew

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:00 am
This is amazing. I'm reading this to my husband when he comes home.

princessleah

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:03 am
The author of this also write a blog called "The Honest Toddler"-- one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:27 am
Awesome! LOL

abaker

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:32 am
I can def relate! makes me want to try the "cheesecake challenge" thanks for posting!

self-actualization

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 1:19 pm
"They want breakfast. Why haven't I heard the baby yet? Is he OK? I hope he's OK. Did he wake up last night? I can't remember. Oh no. What if I go in there and... oh, there he is. He's screaming now. I wish he'd sleep a little longer."

That was perfect!!!

One Shabbos I went to shul and I was so tired. My friend asked - what happened? Was the baby up at night? I said - No. Actually the baby didn't wake up at night, so when I woke up with a start at 5 am, I was so worried that the baby hadn't woken up, that I went to check on him, and then I couldn't fall back asleep. So I'm exhausted!

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 1:37 pm
LOL

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:50 pm
So true. Every word. "I Tried Scent." LOL.

Roots

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 8:41 am
hahahahha I just had a good laugh

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 1:20 pm
Note to self: do not read such things at work!!

LOL that was hilarious!!!

I love the honest toddler. Follow it on facebook it is downright hysterical, I must buy the book!

Jewishmofm

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 1:52 pm
you mean I'm not the only underachieving mess?

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 2:02 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Enough said.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 2:14 pm
my coworkers think I'm a total wack job. I'm sitting here giggling to myself and spraying coffee all over the keyboard. That is me in a nutshell.

although I'm more accomplished- my 4 year old is wearing 3T not 2T and I made morningstar burgers so no one is dying of meat consumption. See, I deserve to win the cheesecake contest
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links