Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
BORO PARK - LAKEWOOD

bamba

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:00 pm
Got a wedding in lakewood tomorrow and I am in boro park... the bus times don't suit my schedule...
Whats the best and cheapest way to get there?!!?!?
Thanks

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:18 am
Cheapest would be to take the subway into the city (I think Penn Station but I'm not sure), and then take a NJ train from there to Lakewood, but that will take a LONG time. A car service will cost a LOT of $. Could you rent a car for the day? Or ask the mechutanim if there's anybody coming in from Brooklyn who could give you a ride?

bamba

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 9:35 am
Atm waiting to hear if there will be room with people going in. If the car service wouldnt cost so much wud seriously do it. Cbb with bus amd having to get there so early... Lets hope someone will have a space in their car!!!! Smile

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:13 pm
doctorima wrote:
Cheapest would be to take the subway into the city (I think Penn Station but I'm not sure), and then take a NJ train from there to Lakewood, but that will take a LONG time. A car service will cost a LOT of $. Could you rent a car for the day? Or ask the mechutanim if there's anybody coming in from Brooklyn who could give you a ride?

There's a train to Lakewood? That's new.
OP, go to www.newjerseytransit.com and see what your options are.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 1:03 pm
If your dh wants to stand in Shomer Shabbos this morning and see if anyone is going at the time you want Wink it might work!!

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 1:14 pm
Sorry, you are correct. I meant bus, not train. It's been years since I took it, so I don't know its status or frequency these days.

bamba

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:01 am
Thanks eo. In the end took the bus...long trip but was ok!! Way back got a ride at least Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics