Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Your Shabbos table - do you have a theme or pattern?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:06 pm
DH brought me roses for the first Shabbos after he proposed...and I chose a becher for him with a rose on it. It let to a rose on our silverware..and small roses on other silver we've bought for ourselves, over the years.

Do you have a theme/pattern? do you think it's necessary? now I am chosing gifts and wonder if I "HAVE" to match them up.....

Mrs. Mommy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:14 pm
I think that is so cute!! I actually do not have a specific theme, as long is something that will beautify my table. While I do love your theme idea, perhaps you should try to get something a little different now that you have so many things matching already. There are tons of really beautiful things out there to choose from.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:14 pm
How cute!!!
We also have themes we like, but we don't really try to have everything fitting. It's just a cute thing if we happen to remember to buy something with a theme we like.

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:15 pm
I like stamped cross stitch things. My table cloth was done by me.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:22 pm
The real question is like this.........

I have a good friend whose daughter got engaged, and I want to get her something extra special, like in silver. I just assumed I'd match a salt dipper or napking holder, or both, to the becher, and when I asked here when & where they were buying it, she thought I was totally off!

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:10 pm
Matching patterns is fine if you go for that sort of thing but absolutely not necessary. in fact, too much of the same pattern is rather boring, if not outright cloying, IMO. That they are all silver is matching enough. Don't sweat it. (Besides, they might want some of those things for Pesach and may davko NOT want it to be the same pattern as e/t else.)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:25 pm
guess I should not talk about how our tablecloth exactly matches our dishes.......

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:34 pm
its cute to have a theme, but I have to admit, it never occurred to me to have a themed table. When I buy something, I go with what catches my eye, and if it looks nice.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:51 pm
my table also has a rose "theme", im not sure it was on purpose, I think it was what repeatedly appealed to me.

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:39 pm
BTW, your quote is from the theme song of the TV show "Alice". May-ul...kiss mah grits!

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:41 pm
My table has the following theme: neiros, challos, yayin lekiddush...except actually the neiros are not on the table, so there goes the theme.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:50 pm
How about color themes?
I need a new dinnerware/chinaware set for Shabbos/Yom Tov and there are lots of beauties out there with gold trim. I don't want to buy them because of all the silverware on the Shabbos table. I am still looking for something with silver trim. Am I being unreasonable?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics