Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Recipe needed- birthday cake.

MommyEsty

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 5:40 pm
I need to make a kids birthday cake..
anyone have a easy cake that they do withan icing?

I would like to cut it into the shape of a number 1.. I dont know what kind of cake is best for that..

thanks for your help..

shanie5

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 11:10 pm
any cake recipe is fine for cutting into a shape. just freeze it before icing so crumbs dont ruin the icing.
if u get hersheys cocoa where u live, the recipe for the cake and icing are great. easy too.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 1:27 am
my favorite cake - we called it my duncan heinz ... the cocoa has had that recipe forever ... yum ...

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 10:20 am
Pound cake is the firmest, so it's suggested to use that. Still, I have used a sponge cake recipe for layered cakes.

MommyLuv

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 11:58 am
I just made a layered chocolate cake for DD's bday and it was great-firm and on the dense side, so it wasnt too hard to frost, and so yummy.

do you have the kosher palette 1? it's the ultimate choco cake recipe. I've used it a couple of times and it always came out great-plus it's very quick and easy.

Raisin

Post Thu, May 03 2007, 3:57 pm
I use a chocolate sponge recipe (don't forget you will be eating the cake!)

Really yummy is not to use icing but buy some whipping cream, add a little sugar and vanilla and beat it until it stands up in peaks. Then spread it over the cake. If you can find those haribo letters you can use those to write his name. Or you can make some of the cream a different colour, and pipe it. (you just need a bag)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins