Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Neve Yerushalayim in hard financial sit. - please donate

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 5:03 pm
I'm a Neve alumna, and I just found out about Rabbi Refson's letter that he wrote to Neve alumnae two weeks ago. Here's a link (scroll down):

https://www.facebook.com/neveneedsus

The really sad thing in the letter is how much moral obligation money those of us who went through Neve owe. I'm ashamed to say I'm one of the people who has only paid a fraction of my moral obligation. You leave Neve, life gets busy, expensive, and moral obligation gets pushed to the back of your mind. But if those of us who still owe it could start paying even some of what we owe, Neve will be saved. From what I hear, they need 5 million. Our total outstanding moral obligation debt is 15 million. I sent them a donation. I hope iy"H to be able to send more. Anything you can afford will help.

And if you didn't go to Neve, I want to tell you what an amazing place it is. It's not just for baalos teshuva. There are tons of FFB girls there who went off and wanted to find their way back, and Neve took them in and gave them a way to connect, a place to learn what Yiddishkeit is really all about, a place where they wouldn't feel judged. How many Jewish families have been built because of Neve? If you donate to Neve, you have the zechus of each mitzvah that a Neve student does, the zechus of each Jewish home that a Neve student establishes, each child that's born and raised to do mitzvos....your zechusim will multiply exponentially. Please consider helping.

Tizku l'mitzvos.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:51 pm
bump

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 9:36 pm
I wish I was a gvires
I'll give what I can

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 10:50 pm
Tizki l'mitzvos! Thumbs Up

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 3:09 pm
Here's their online donation form, as well as the address if you want to mail a check instead:

https://nevey.org/donation-form/

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:04 pm
Thanks for posting. I gave what I could and I hope others do so as well. Any amount of maiser is helpful.

They are also looking for people with connections to any kind of publisher, ie a magazine, blog, newspaper etc who would be willing to interview rabbi refson and publicize this.

The fb page is neve needs us. follow and share!

Dawling

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 10:10 am
Thanks for posting, OP.
They also need us to get in touch with past alumni who are not in their contact list. How can we help them out with that?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 1:34 pm
I wrote to thè voice if Lakewood today
I hope they print something
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics