Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Photos of gedolim and family?

Seraph

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 2:38 am
If your home has photos of gedolim on the wall, do you also put family pictures up on the wall? Do you put gedolim on one wall, family on another, making it seperate? Or do you just put a hodgepodge of photos, some gedolim, some little chanaleh riding her first bike, wedding pictures, the other gedolim?

Maybe I'm just a little nuts, but I don't think its so mechubadik to hang family pictures and gedolim pictures in the same place.
Do you agree, disagree, or what?

mimivan

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 2:51 am
quite unconsciously I kept them separate. Now that you mention it, it's a good idea!

amother

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 2:53 am
I don't have any pictures of Gedolim hanging on our walls. (should I feel guilty???)
I hope it's not Halacha. (I do know there's an Inyan of: "והיו עיניך רואות את מוריך")

In our living room we have some from our wedding, some of the family, some art.

Seraph

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 3:03 am
amother wrote:
I don't have any pictures of Gedolim hanging on our walls. (should I feel guilty???)
I hope it's not Halacha. (I do know there's an Inyan of: "והיו עיניך רואות את מוריך")

Its not a halacha. At all.
I grew up without pics of gedolim in my house. I always felt that houses with pictures of gedolim had a much different atmosphere, because when you're constantly looking at gedolim, you think more about emulating them. So I decided to have lots of gedolim pictures on my wall...

shopaholic

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 10:18 am
I keep pictures of the Rebbe & my family separate.

happy2beme

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 11:22 am
I keep them separate.
I guess it's not kovodik, but also it's so unorganized to have them mixed together! I like some order Smile

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 04 2007, 11:58 am
Not really separated... my family pics are in the living room on the fireplace and walls. Dh's gedolim pics on the walls and book shelves.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 5:24 am
we dont havea ny pictures of gedolim up on our walls. its just not fore us, then again, we dont have any familiy pictures up yet either. we do have paintinngs secualr and jewish and our ketubah on the walls.

sarahd

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 5:30 am
We don't have gedolim pictures on our public-area walls either; just some Jewish art.

My husband has a picture of his rebbe in his office.

raizy

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 2:00 am
I have everything under the sun on my walls. pictures . rebbies . needlepoints. and kids arts . and their "handdrawing renidition of piocasso. all on my wall." in green no less that doesnt come off.!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics