Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Married At First Sight
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

oliveoil

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 8:28 pm
amother wrote:
I think Monet is narcissistic. I think she has a personality disorder.

She is very selfish and shifts blame to her beau.

Wow! I love how everyone on this site is so quick to diagnose.

She seems completely normal to me, and reacting in a completely normal way to the crazy situation she's in.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 11:11 pm
I also thought Monet was normal - I think the guy she married is really strange he wants her to be all open and have these DMcs when they know each other for 3 days. Jamie is def an Intresting breed I really like doug I think he's such a nice understanding person who wants things to work so badly.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 1:38 am
Watching "Moving In" Episode now.

I just don't think Vaughn and Monet were meant for each other.

Vaughn is laid back and likes his personal space. Monet is very pushy and this annoys Vaughn.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 1:46 am
Same amother as above.

My dh is also very quiet. He also likes his time alone. I give him his space. He goes to shiurim some evenings. But because I give him his space, he is much more willing to spend time with me on days he stays home.

I also praise him as much as I can.

Monet uses negativity to push her ideas on him. If Monet would just give him space, then Vaughn would open up more to her and appreciate her more.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 8:17 am
I think vaugn is the difficult one in that relationship. He keeps telling her she's not doing things right and then gets upset when she tries to please him. Not a pleasant man.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 7:06 pm
Vaugn is a pig!

sarachana

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 7:25 pm
Vaughn is so strange and poor Monet has no clue what just hit her...I don't think she should stay with him for the long term.

Jamie is a classic example of someone who has been hurt A LOT in her life and love isnt exactly something she takes in well...poor Doug, he may end up getting very hurt in the end...

the only couple that seems to be strong in my opinion is Jason and Courtney...both healthy and normal in relationships with both having good boundaries.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 9:51 pm
oliveoil wrote:
Vaugn is a pig!

In more ways than one... His comments during their time in the restaurant - one "piggisher" than the next! shock

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 1:21 am
I believe Monet is clueless with regard to communication.

Vaughn is on the quiet side. Monet can win him over by not analyzing things and situations. Instead, she should greet him, "Hi. How are you?"

She can also ask him questions about his life and let him take the lead.

"What do you enjoy doing?"

In the Honeymoon episode, Monet kept saying that Vaughn was giving off all this negativity. But she wasn't doing anything productive.

Some men need attention. Attention means that she should be asking Vaughn more about him and his life and spend less time talking about herself.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
I believe Monet is clueless with regard to communication.

Vaughn is on the quiet side. Monet can win him over by not analyzing things and situations. Instead, she should greet him, "Hi. How are you?"

She can also ask him questions about his life and let him take the lead.

"What do you enjoy doing?"

In the Honeymoon episode, Monet kept saying that Vaughn was giving off all this negativity. But she wasn't doing anything productive.

Some men need attention. Attention means that she should be asking Vaughn more about him and his life and spend less time talking about herself.

This is supposed to be a mutual relationship. She shouldn't have to tiptoe around him!

Do you also think she should agree to the 3-some he proposed within 10 days of meeting her?!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 6:10 pm
can you still get the honeymoon episode, or is it too late? (I see hulu says they're only available for 14 days, and on fyi it seems to hang.)

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:52 pm
What bugs me the MOST about the show is that they repeat themselves WAY too much. OK after 3 episodes I think MOST of us got that they are married to complete strangers, it's just overkill at this point .

Otherwise, I'm very curious to see how they end up. I think they all have potential, even Vaughn and Monet (though it doesn't look good)--if they could get some couples therapy. I think that their problem is that they want to be comfortable as husband and wife--even though they are only 2-3 weeks into their relationship.

themom

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 9:27 pm
Is this show for real or do you think it was staged? The weddings seemed so natural in how they dealt with their surprise but now it's starting to seem like it's a rehearsed show. Anyone else get that feeling?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 3:05 pm
Watching the Social Life episode.

Monet is reminding him over and over about their arguments. She should be starting fresh with "How are you? What do you like to do?"

Monet is just a nag. She makes herself sound like a heroine.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 2:35 pm
I feel like Monet is one of those tough, in-your-face kind of women. Which is funny, considering that she claimed to want a traditional type of marriage - she does not seem much like the traditional type of woman at all.

If these 'experts' had asked me, I'd have said this experiment could work if they picked people with good middos and character. Morals would be nice too. Narcissistic kind of folks, people with little moral compass who seem to have shady pasts (although Jamie seems a very sympathetic character, & has to have had a lot of strength to have climbed out of a morass, most men would be taken aback to find out what her 'past' might include.) Vaughn seems pretty kinky too. As to the burlesque... well, as mein bubbeh would say, 'feh'. AFIAC, the points Jason got for being a caring EMT were negated by the exhibitionism & total disregard for personal safety in his wrestling. But I guess that could be a good match...

Of course, I am coming from a very different POV, lehavdil elef havdolos. In fact, I am not sure why I am wasting my time watching this, but, you know, once you start you get pretty curious. Particularly as it's supposedly real & not fiction. (Whereas fiction you could try to tell yourself, c'mon, don't waste your time worrying about what happened to Caro, Wolf, etc.)

oliveoil

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 10:19 pm
I feel like telling Monet to run from this guy as fast as she can. He's a nasty piece of work, expecting all kinds of gratitude for basic mentschlichkeit and he is nothing but unpleasant and demanding. It's like he has some kind of fantasy story-book notion of marriage which is completely unrealistic. Poor Monet.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 11:23 am
oliveoil wrote:
I feel like telling Monet to run from this guy as fast as she can. He's a nasty piece of work, expecting all kinds of gratitude for basic mentschlichkeit and he is nothing but unpleasant and demanding. It's like he has some kind of fantasy story-book notion of marriage which is completely unrealistic. Poor Monet.

I don't think Monet is a nice person either.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 11:30 am
Both Monet and Vaughn are guilty of not praising each other.

They could be saying things like I enjoy your company, you have a beautiful smile, it's good to see you.

The therapist told them both to apologize and they both don't feel they have to apologize for anything.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:35 pm
I can only watch current episodes. What is Jamie's background? (I only recall her on the Bachelor...) What is the morass?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 3:26 am
Where's the latest episode? I thought it was meant to have aired last nighT?
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics