Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Married At First Sight
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 1:13 pm
rachel91 wrote:
Watchseries.lt, just click on number 10, even if it is still 'grey colored' and not black yet, there you will see a link to vodlocker.
is that dot LT? didnt work on my computer. weird.

rachel91

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 1:16 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
is that dot LT? didnt work on my computer. weird.

search through google, type in 'watchseries'

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 1:22 pm
rachel91 wrote:
search through google, type in 'watchseries'
Smile thanks. I finally found it.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:20 pm
Monet and Vaughn blame each other for the incompatibility.

There are guys I have dated who blamed everything on me for it not working out, but B"H I am happily married now.

Let's face it: Sometimes it just doesn't click.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 8:40 pm
Whew - glad it all worked out as I'd hoped. I think they all made the right decisions and I'm very glad for Monet that she's seen the back of Vaugn the Pig.

acccdac

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 8:45 am
https://gma.yahoo.com/video/ma......html

update from Good Morning America

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:27 pm
My analysis:

Dr. Pepper said that because of the whole process there is more commitment and thus a greater chance for them to remain married. I think that there is another element here at play: the fact that there are almost zero expectations of the potential spouse. They went into it hoping for the best and whatever they got was a bonus.
And this is, what I think, contributed to Monet's divorce. Vaughn was the only one who came into this with specific expectations and when he didn't get them, bam, it was over.

One more point. The other two couples moved into new apartments. They created something new for themselves together. This creates connection and a certain level of intimacy. OTOH, Vaughn moved into Monet's apartment. That's not very conducive to a mutual relationship.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:32 pm
Vaughn was the only one I just don't like as a person. Something creepy. Just my opinion.

miami85

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 8:35 am
I was happy with the outcome of the series, it validates a lot of what Jewish couples go through and debunked a lot of "marriage myths" about long dating, arranged marriages, being physical and/or intimate before marriage, living together before marriage, "love at first sight" etc. being the keys to a successful marriage. I think all-in-all all 3 couples were a success in that they didn't kill each other, and even Vaughan and Monet tried to make it work even up to the very end, they really had a lot in common but ultimately weren't ready to totally give to one another like the other 2 couples did and it showed and it wasn't surprising that they ended up in divorce. And ultimately they said that they now know more about themselves to move on to their next relationship. I was so happy that Jamie didn't let the "lie" overshadow everything else that had built up in the marriage and allowed herself to forgive Doug that was SO important for HER to be able to move on. Especially seeing that brief Good Morning America segment, that they were still together.
I agree with the analysis about moving into the new apt/vs. staying put. Especially since Vaughan kept his old apartment which, in my mind, indicated that he wanted an "escape route" as well as the idea that in marriage you have to be willing to let the other person in and care for the other person like Jason and Courtney did--they altered their schedules to make time for the other person, and Vaughan didn't seem ready to do that. I thought that Monet wasn't entirely innocent in her demands for her husband--being insulted that husband doesn't to meet your friends for Sunday brunch when you've known each OTHER for 2 weeks, when he wants to use Sunday to relax? Not that it's OK for a whole Sunday to be "my time" when you're married either. If they could have compromised on that She wants to be social and He wants to be alone, then it could've had a different outcome.

My only "improvement" to the show--seeing as the dress, honeymoon, wedding etc. seemed to have been arranged by the show, a fitting "prize" in the end, in my mind would have been an "engagement ring"--because that's something that she won't have, and also the end is when they make the decision to really choose each other.

p.s. on a personal note, my husband and I knew each other for 5 months when we got married (engaged after 5 weeks), my father-in-law (not religious) was a widower at the time. About 2 years ago he met a woman (also not religious) and she could NOT get over the idea that my husband and I (fully religious/yeshivish) only knew each other for 5 months--she thought this was hysterical. Anyway, they met Memorial Day weekend, got engaged right after succos (less than 5 months later) and were married early December. About 8 months total. We had a good laugh about the comparison.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 11:49 am
I was thinking that the "experts" should have spent some time with the young people first to make sure they had done some work on their life traumas.

Jamie and Jason clearly had serious issues from their upbringing, and could have benefited from some therapy. The fact that their partners each had very stable family life, perhaps, made it possible for them to overcome the past, but it was a big risk.

Now Vaughn and Monet each lost their father. That does not necessarily mean someone needs therapy, but perhaps the experts should have explored whether they have wounds that need healing.

miami85

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 12:01 pm
However, just because you had traumatic childhood, doesn't mean that one can't be happily married. We saw most of their lives on camera, but not everything, it could be that it was something discussed in the vetting process. That's one reason I'm glad that Jamie did decide to stay with Doug, these were not individuals chosen halfheartedly each one was carefully vetted for each other, so if there really were "major" issues, I would have thought it would have come out then.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 12:50 pm
Quote:
However, just because you had traumatic childhood, doesn't mean that one can't be happily married.
Of course not. I was just saying, if I were an expert planning this experiment (or - possibly more relevant to us, a parent of a child who went through some kind of trauma -) I would think it would be worthwhile trying to work through the trauma before getting married.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 8:21 am
Did you see the six month follow-up?
Of course, Courtney and Jason were cute. So were Doug and Jamie.

And as for Vaughn and Monet, business as usual, I guess.

A bit too much explicit material, I thought. Oh well. I guess that's why I don't have a TV.

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 1:08 pm
So happy that the married couples are still together. I'm glad that they showed that this method can be successful. It puts more stock in the "shadchan" system and that if people have good character, patience and common sense they can get past major issues that so often come up in marriage if they are willing to try.

A couple of nice points that came out:

Jamie's attraction grew as the relationship grew vs. Vaughn said his initial attraction to Monet decreased as the marriage fell apart.

Jamie comparing her experience of the Bachelor to this and that the Bachelor was more "superficial" and "competition" vs. this was REAL life and REAL marriage--and that Doug's family became more accepting of her.

I also liked that Jamie "retracted" the statement of "the experts failed me" and that she verbalized the realization that these experts vetted both her and Doug and therefore she was able to trust them that Doug was really a nice person and that 'the lie' was a mistake.

It was touching that Courtney got to meet Jason's mom just before she died and therefore her soul could be at peace. It was a fitting transition for Jason, almost like "refuah kodem l'machala" that he found his wife before losing his mom so that he wouldn't be alone.

I used to always hate the question of "what are you looking for?" in shidduchim and I know what qualitities I "wanted" but not what qualities I "needed" and it reinforced the idea that what you "want" in a spouse isn't always what you "need" and vice versa. Vaughn and Monet were "highly" compatible but chose to focus on each other's "lacks" vs. positive qualities, and not communicating effectively and that's not conducive to a marriage working. It made the show more "real" that one couple didn't work out b/c compatibility doesn't work out on paper and that chemistry is a big part of marriage.

Intrigued to see what next season brings.

estibesty

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 2:15 pm
I found this show so intresting! the 6 month followo up was so amazing I reallyfelt I can relate in a way. the fact that jamie rlly came around also was intresting to see how that played out.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 20 2014, 10:17 pm
I love the scene where Monet puts down Vaughn with the 4 experts watching.

I LOVE WATCHING the 4 EXPERTS KEEPING A STRAIGHT FACE BUT FROWNING WHEN MONET BLAMES VAUGHN.

Monet says, "I can give you all the advice in the world, which I did. And occasionally he would listen to me."

Monet criticized him all the time.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 12:18 pm
Guys, there's Married at First Sight: The first year, following the couples in their next six months. I'm so sad I didn't know about this earlier because you can only catch the last three episodes that have aired.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 12:47 pm
amother wrote:
Guys, there's Married at First Sight: The first year, following the couples in their next six months. I'm so sad I didn't know about this earlier because you can only catch the last three episodes that have aired.

It was really boring, I just stopped watching it in the middle. Everything is so repetitive, just Google the synopsis.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 4:47 pm
Yeah, I watched and it wasn't particularly interesting. Jamie wants babies. Courtney IS a baby. There you go - all caught up!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:33 am
Yesterday I watched some of those and today I wanted to watch the 6 months later episode but now they are all locked. How can I watch it?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics