Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Sandal fitting help

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 12:24 pm
DD had another sudden growth spurt and her shoes are too small. I'm planning to buy her new shoes before the yom tov season so I decided to go with ordering sandals online for the rest of the summer. She seems to be about size 9 so that's what I ordered. These are our favorites and they seem kind of big. I have seen these sandals EVERYWHERE I go in Brooklyn so I'm wondering if someone who had them fitted in a shoe store there can help me figure out if they're OK or if I need to size down. Sizing down would mean ordering again and waiting for them to come again with DD wearing her too-small shoes... but obviously I don't want her tripping over her feet all summer either.

Naturally, I could only get a picture of her flopped on the couch so I don't even know how representative it is of the way it looks standing/walking. Maybe I'll try again later. She says they're comfortable but I think we all understand that at 3.5 years old that basically means she likes the color.

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 12:36 pm
Here's standing. They do come out a little differently but still look a little big. Only now I'm thinking smaller might be too small.
(can click for larger image)

On a related note, I've noticed that they come with two different types of soles, a thicker one (the ones I have pictured here) and a thin one. The ones I keep seeing around Brooklyn are almost all the thin ones. Is there a reason for this? I just went and assumed thicker = more comfortable, but do they all know something I don't know? I do believe the Brooklyn shoe stores know their shoes so if that's what they're selling by the thousands I wonder what the reason is. And what they cost there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics