Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
When to 'upgrade'?

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 11:53 am
How long do preteens wear the 'beginner' sports bra? My dd is wearing it over a year and I think she would feel very uncomfortable switching to a regular. Could she just continue wearing it as long as it fits and feels comfortable?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 11:56 am
I don't see why not.

chen

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 12:04 pm
Like junior dresses, it's a size, not an age. If the bra fits, wear it!

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 12:10 pm
I guess it would depend on the size of her breasts, right?

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 12:37 pm
Just to clarify, I'm talking about the ones that have no hooks or anything, just pull-on. And since they are stretch material, they could basicly fit for quite a while.
I'm just wondering at what age it becomes 'babyish' to wear those. Since shes going to sleepaway camp this summer (where all privates becomes public embarrassed ), I'm just concerned that girls shouldn't make fun of her for wearing it.

chen

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 1:18 pm
say whaaaa? don't you see secular women wearing sports bras all the time? as in, in the street, without even benefit of a shirt over them?

besides, teenage girls usually have a very good handle on what's in and what's out in their crowd. if dd had any suspicion that she'd suffer socially for the style of her foundations, she'd let you know, no?

amother

Post Mon, May 07 2007, 1:51 pm
I wear those and I'm probably 3x her age. Only wish they were an option when I was young - anyone remember Teenform?

Motek

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 11:04 am
chen wrote:
besides, teenage girls usually have a very good handle on what's in and what's out in their crowd.

shock
Am I the only one who had no idea what undergarments my classmates were wearing? This was not information we shared!

As for camp, my underwear was not on display for others to see!

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 11:53 am
Same for me Motek. There were a few girls who wanted to know what the others wore, but most didn't even talk of the topic.

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:01 pm
Motek wrote:
chen wrote:
besides, teenage girls usually have a very good handle on what's in and what's out in their crowd.

shock
Am I the only one who had no idea what undergarments my classmates were wearing? This was not information we shared!

As for camp, my underwear was not on display for others to see!

Op here

My daughter has no idea what the other kids are wearing, thats why I'm asking here. I just figured in camp things might be different. But from what I'm reading, it doesn't sound like a problem, so will let her continue.

Dont you remember those kids in school who always wanted to make "chills" on girls backs to figure out what they were wearing?!? shock embarrassed

Ima'la

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 12:06 pm
Why don't you ask a couple of her friends' mothers?

Motek, sure we knew who wore "one" and who didn't! The last girl to get one used to go around snapping other girls' bras with reckless abandon...and told us she'd never tell when she got one b/c e/o would want to get back at her!!!

Motek

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 2:41 pm
Ima'la wrote:
Motek, sure we knew who wore "one" and who didn't!

I was commenting on WHAT KIND girls wore, not WHETHER they wore one!

Motek

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 2:45 pm
Ima'la wrote:
Motek, sure we knew who wore "one" and who didn't!

I was commenting on WHAT KIND girls wore, not WHETHER they wore one!

Ima'la

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 3:36 pm
Oh! I totally misunderstood that! That's a good point. No, we didn't know what kind other girls wore, and I don't remember noticing that at camp either...but it could be found out - between lack of private dressing space and camp laundry, it's hard to keep secrets...but maybe she should just stick with what she's comfortable with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children