Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Showering tonight?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 9:37 pm
Is tonight considered like all days of the "9 days" or is it less lenient than during the "9 days"? I'd like to shower Smile
Thanks in advance.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:01 pm
According to what I learned in Camp Sternberg, all halachos of 9 days apply until chatzos tomorrow

little_mage

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:04 pm
The laws my rabbi sent out say you have to wait until chazot tomorrow. I'm with you on wanting one, though!

pesek zman

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:05 pm
Is there anyone who really doesn't shower during the 9 days?? (Ewww!) Bathe for hygeine , not for pleasure. Keep it short and to the point. I'm about to take mine

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:07 pm
I literally get sick from cold showers, so I keep mine to a bare minimum--no one's complained about me as far as I know.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:18 pm
superdanni wrote:
Is there anyone who really doesn't shower during the 9 days?? (Ewww!) Bathe for hygeine , not for pleasure. Keep it short and to the point. I'm about to take mine

I dont take real showers during the 9 days (besides erev shabbos). I hardly leave the air conditioned house so I dont get sweaty. I do take sitz baths and wash other body parts as needed.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:19 pm
I feel itchy when I don't shower, no matter if I shvitch or not.

monseychick

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:25 pm
If you are really uncomfortable, use Reb Moshe's heter of istinis that applys the entire 9 days

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:29 pm
I do not shower all of the nine days except erev Shabbas.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 10:30 pm
monseychick wrote:
If you are really uncomfortable, use Reb Moshe's heter of istinis that applys the entire 9 days

I'm sorry, but what does heter of istinis mean? In english please.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 11:02 pm
Someone that showers daily can continue to do so in the 9 days, but for less time and in a lesser temperature, the water does not have to be cold, just a bit cooler than the usual feel. & quicker, just to get clean, not to enjoy the pleasure of a lengthy shower. But the next shower should not be until chatzot tomorrow, which is at 1 pm in NY. There is no getting around that, the Bais Hamikdosh was still burning, can't we think of that? But each person can ask their own shaila if need be....

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sorry, but what does heter of istinis mean? In english please.

Someone who is finicky.

gittelchana

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 2:24 am
superdanni wrote:

Of course! And we're extra Machmir and don't brush our teeth either. LOL LOL LOL

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
I feel itchy when I don't shower, no matter if I shvitch or not.

I do too, I can stay awake at night itching all over my skin and my scalp if I don't wash. DH said this example is specifically brought down in sefarim as being permissable, though better to wash with some change in comfort level.

So I wash body parts one at a time.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 2:14 pm
I showered during the 9 days, my regular long long showers. My reason? I hate showers. I don't enjoy them at all. They take so long because I shave my entire body and the hair grows back super fast so I have to shave each time.

I can't do cold or the shaving would be painful. And it's long out of necessity, not pleasure. Am I wrong for paskening for myself? I don't enjoy the shower one bit.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 3:31 pm
amother wrote:
I showered during the 9 days, my regular long long showers. My reason? I hate showers. I don't enjoy them at all. They take so long because I shave my entire body and the hair grows back super fast so I have to shave each time.

I can't do cold or the shaving would be painful. And it's long out of necessity, not pleasure. Am I wrong for paskening for myself? I don't enjoy the shower one bit.

According to Reb Moshe in our country nowadays people shower as regularly as they brush their teeth or go to bathroom .
Many contemporary poskim hold this way
It's not called pleasure
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note