Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Changing car to minivan

cdawnr

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:10 pm
Ok, I wasn't sure where to put this thread but I would love some advice.

I'Y Hashem we are expecting #3 in September. We have a 3 year old who is very petite and a 17 month old -- so everyone is definitively in car seats.

When we were at my mom's for Pesach (we store our baby stuff with her) we rearranged the car to see how it would work to have two toddler seats and the infant seat. We have a 2004 xc volvo wagon, so it is a really good car. So the three seats fit, but kind of like sardines -- and my son (3) would probably have to get to his seat in the middle via the front seat if anyone else was already intheir seat.

We really don't want to get rid of the volvo and, well, we are just not so excited to go to a mini-van. Obviously we will if we have to.

Ok so my question is basically...has anyone had 3 small kids without going to a mini-van and how did you make it work. Also does anyone know of any toddler size car seats that are on the more narrow side (we have a britax which is big and a fisher price).

thanks everyone.

MOM222

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:34 pm
Volvo is a small car. I've heard of people keeping 3 kids in American cars like Grand Marquise, La Sabre (sp?)

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:37 pm
I was pretty much in the same situation like you, and b"h we just got a chrysler minivan!!!ah its fantastic, I can stretch my hands finally!!

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:50 pm
would you trade up for a bigger volvo? my husbad has the volvo SUV with 7 seats, and really likes it. it has a built in booster in the middle row, which is nice too......I drive a mini van, and wouldnt give it up for anything - I used to drive an SUV, and the I really like the minivan so much more!!! not only is there more space for strollers, etc. but it is designed for families with kids, and has great features for that.....

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:58 pm
We currently drive a nissan maxima. We have 3 car seats in it. We have a 4 year old, almost 3 year old and a 14 month old. They are sardines but it works.

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:14 pm
Are they like sardines or pickels???

queen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:16 pm
that was funny amother Very Happy

red sea

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:24 am
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher%252dPrice-Voyage-Booster-Tan%252f-Black/dp/B000BF2VNS/ref=sr_1_2/102-8976414-9332954?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1178716967&sr=1-2

the seat on this booster has 2 width options, it gets narrower than most & still fits comfortably for children

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 10:07 am
Sometimes I have to borrow my parents (older) Ford Tempo and I can fit 3 car seats in it. It's very hard to reach over to put in the child and buckle the middle car seat. I can't imagine having to do that on a regular basis.

One of the "skinniest" car seats is the Cosco (can't remember what they're calling it now - Touriva?), but it is not as high on the safety ratings. I have to use this in the back seat of my mini van to fit with the 2 booster seats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics