Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
TOFU anybody?

Mishie

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 3:24 am
I just bought a pack of TOFU, and was wondering what I can make with it other than my usual Stir-Fry with veggies over rice...

After I gave birth to my first, my Mom came over to make me something to eat. (we lived right next door at the time).
My DH and his Dad had gone Zucchini-picking a couple of days before that, so we had these MASSIVE zucchinies in the fridge.
My Mom ended up making this Amazing Stuffed Zucchini Dish with them, using TOFU, bread-crumbs, eggs, spices etc...

Have you ever made anything different/interesting with TOFU? I need some new ideas!!
Very Happy

greenfire

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 8:46 am
no thank you

greenfire

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 8:46 am
no thank you

miriam

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 7:30 am
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I haven't really been logging on much. My baby doesn't nurse much anymore and I have no real excuse to be online.

Back to the tofu, I usually make this as a Shabbos dish.

Boil zucchini til it's soft, about 10 minutes. Cut it in half horizontally. Let it cool. Saute and onion and mushrooms, spice with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Scoop out the inside of zucchini and chop. Add this to the onion saute. At this point you can either add tofu or egg. I guess you could use both, just never tried it. If you are going to use tofu, mash it first and then marinate/soak in soy sauce.

If you are using egg. beat it first and then pour it over the onion saute.

Lay out the zucchini in baking pan and restuff the zucchini. I usually bakle it for about 15 minutes on 350. Last time I didn't and I actually like it better. Everything is already cooked anyway.

Hope this was helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals