Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Advice needed!!!
Previous  1  2

anuta

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 11:48 am
I work full-time, and I have two small kids (one is still breastfed).
I shop for Shabbat either Thu night or Fri on my way home from work. I leave work earlier on Fridays. I cook mostly Fri right before Shabbat. I have learned to put out a nice meal in under 2 hrs (if nobody interferes). I have many kitchen appliances, use my oven a lot, and have 4-5 things going at the same time. If we have guests, I usually also cook some on Thu night.

I cook supper (and food for lunch for the kids) about twice a week. I also make baby food for my baby at the same time.

I skimp on cleanup. I rarely have time to mop the kitchen before Shabbat; I usually just sweep. I wash the pots after shabbat too most of the time.

I am very bad with keeping up cleaning the house. It doesn't help that my husband only contributes to the mess (he is not a neat person).

gold21

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 1:05 pm
and always remember that you are doing a wonderful job!
sometimes I would look around the house and say 'why is this house so messy? xyz works fulltime and keeps a clean house...!' or 'why cant I get the night to run more smoothly? whats wrong with me..?'
but I have realized that criticizing and second guessing urself is unfair and stupid....always praise urself in ur mind about how much you are successfully accomplishing. dont focus on those things that unfortunately dont go as well... Crying
I feel like I have a lot to say in this thread, cuz I felt exactly like u did just recently. and still do sometimes... Confused

rainbow baby

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 9:00 am
Thank you for your replies I read them all and really apprechiated your time and concern and of course advice. Well after doing the job for two weeks, being totally exhausted and having a nightmare with childcare, my dh decided that he does not want me to do it anymore. Or yes and dh and I spent the whole two weeks screaming and shouting at each other, I think we fought more in those two weeks then what we have done in nearly 8 years of marriage. So I am no longer doing it. We decided that a happy home is more importamt than bringing in a few extra pounds. I guess while the children are still young trying to work nearly full time is not for me and for my family at the moment.

gold21

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 12:58 pm
good 4 u jewishmama!
I just dont know how ppl do it...really...myself included... Crying

amother

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:32 pm
that must be real touc. do u yhavemto work so many hours?

amother

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 12:11 am
I hardly ever relax, and when I do like now it's always very late at night. I'm very tired, but everyone's entitiled to relax. Sometimes I choose relaxation over sleep. I work full time and we eat mostly unprocessed foods. I cook at night from 9-12 every night. On sunday I make suppers for the week, and each night I make 1 or 2 other things (for shabbos or misc.) My goal is to pick one night a week, and not do anything, but it usually doesn't work out. I cook in bulk (ex. make challah every 3 weeks etc.), and make fish, chulent, soup Thursday night. Sometimes I am really tired, but most of the time I understand why things are the way they are, and just somehow survive.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics