Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Protein ideas for breakfast and lunch

muss

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 9:18 am
My dh likes to eat protein for breakfast and lunch. I need some good ideas please.

debsey

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:11 am
To eat in the house? To go? Does he have dietary restrictions (no wheat, no gluten, no dairy.....etc)

High protein and carb - greek yogurt. Very filling for breakfast
Eggs - any style. Hard boiled for portability.
I went through a time period where my breakfast was 2 hard boiled eggs and two tangerines. Portable, high in protein, and surprisingly satisfying.

Lunch: Fish does spring to mind. Tilapia, tuna, salmon.........
does he need to remain pareve all day? If not, turkey breast sliced on whole wheat makes a great lunch!

muss

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 11:46 am
thanks. mainly to stay home. he eats a lot. 2 eggs wouldn't be enough and hes not such a fan of yogurt

debsey

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 11:51 am
muss wrote:
thanks. mainly to stay home. he eats a lot. 2 eggs wouldn't be enough and hes not such a fan of yogurt

You could do one "real" egg and a whole lot of egg white substitute, like eggbeaters. Makes life easy and it is healthier.
I do veggie omelettes a lot - sautee a lot of red onions, throw in peppers, tomotoes, spinach, brocolli, whatever....
We like lox, so some lox
sometimes I put in feta cheese

Makes a VERY filling meal.

Greek yogurt is so different from regular yogurt. DH eats one for breakfast every day, with Whole grain granola mixed in. The consistency and taste is more like pudding, and it's 4xs the protein.

There are also commercial protein drinks you can buy. There's even cholov yisroel whey protein powder now. That's my usual breakfast - a protein powder smoothie. I'm usually nauseous in the morning......

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 11:57 am
What about fish?

Trout and a salad is my special breakfast. Anon because this is no too common and people know this about me.

freidasima

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 12:12 pm
If eggs aren't enough and he eats so much (why does he eat so much? Is he overweight or does he have a very physical job where he needs to eat a lot to have energy?) you don't have much choice but to give him meat, fish or poultry each meal. Can you afford it?

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 2:33 pm
Lunch: Will he eat a salad? A salad can be topped with beans, nuts, seeds - all high in protein. If he needs more a couple hard boiled eggs or a can of tuna on top too. This is what dh takes to work nearly every day and it holds him for hours until dinner.

For breakfast he can supplement whatever he normally has with a protein shake. There are both dairy and parve options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen