Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Www.negiah.org

Motek

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:52 pm
interesting

Mom2Three

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 1:58 pm
It is interesting. I saw it earlier this morning and was a little shocked at how ... open ... the articles are.

Motek

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 2:04 pm
It's aimed at kids who may not even be frum too. They are exposed to far more open media on TV, the movies.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 2:08 pm
Mom2Three wrote:
It is interesting. I saw it earlier this morning and was a little shocked at how ... open ... the articles are.

I agree. I had to check if the site was frum or secular.

technic

Post Sat, May 12 2007, 6:31 pm
bearing in mind the target audience, I think its excellent - enough secular references 4 them 2 identify with, and enough of the moral and health and torah arguments 2 convince..

chen

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 8:32 pm
technic wrote:
bearing in mind the target audience, I think its excellent - enough secular references 4 them 2 identify with, and enough of the moral and health and torah arguments 2 convince..

I thought so, too. Do you think the rabbinical endorsements are genuine?

sarahd

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:17 am
It's my understanding that they are valid. I believe this site is run by NCSY.

technic

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 7:46 am
chen wrote:
technic wrote:

I thought so, too. Do you think the rabbinical endorsements are genuine?

I have no reason 2 think otherwise....

baseballmom

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:54 am
sarahd wrote:
It's my understanding that they are valid. I believe this site is run by NCSY.

It is definetly run by NCSY

amother

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 2:29 pm
I cant believe how low we have gotten to even need a site like this its disgusting

chen

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
I cant believe how low we have gotten to even need a site like this its disgusting

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

cassandra

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 3:14 pm
amother wrote:

Maybe instead we can look at it as reaching a new height-- where we are open about our problems and dealing with them instead of sweeping things under the rug.

Motek

Post Thu, May 17 2007, 11:57 am
amother wrote:

who is "we"?
NCSY reaches out to irreligious kids

though I agree that it's a sign of the times that a site like this is needed, it reflects on morality in America in general

Motek

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 6:18 pm
reviving this thread

shnitzel

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 11:05 pm
NCSY dosen't only reach out to irreligous kids, sadly even kids who appear "frum" from religous (from modern orthodox to charedi) homes need this site too. NCSY caters to the spectrum.

ruth

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 2:26 am
Rav Moshe Feinstein is attributed with having described NCSY akin to Parah Aduma -- it makes the tameh, tahor and the tahor, tameh.

Certainly it will offend those who have had greater gedarim in their lives. But I think that is does a good job of balancing proper decorum while speaking frankly to people who have been exposed to a lot of prizut.

I think that like any medicine, the "doctor" has to know his patient well and diagnosis the situation carefully.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children