Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Shaving etc
Previous  1  2  3

shmoozer

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 11:49 am
I think this topic should be spoken about more to girls in chasiddish environments. Myself coming from a chassidish home, We never discussed these topics - not periods, shaving, deoderant... nothing. Being a curious girl, I always wanted to know, but didn't have whom to talk to, so I turned to my friends and we discussed it non-stop. When I went to camp, we discussed these topics too, and that resulted in myself and another kid getting kicked out of camp. For what? for discussing a topic that is normal. That happens to every single woman. Why shouldn't girls know what is happening to their bodies? shouldn't they be informed in a nice way? hurray to all those mothers who can speak very openly to their children. I plan on doing the same to mine.

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 12:06 pm
Leafmort wrote:
When I went to camp, we discussed these topics too, and that resulted in myself and another kid getting kicked out of camp. For what? for discussing a topic that is normal.

THATS RIDICULOUS!!

shmoozer

Post Tue, Dec 27 2005, 12:09 pm
u bet it was! But we won't change the world. This is a very big problem in the chassidish world.

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 9:56 am
shaving historical timeline:

http://www.quikshave.com/timeline.htm

http://www.4to40.com/health/in.....mpits

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 11:55 am
That book is probably good for kids from sheltered homes, but not much for our girls. My daughter knows more than most kallahs, I'm sure, from learning the tsnius book, etc!!!!!

I don't remember how old she was when she started shaving, I'm a natural red head and it wasn't so importnat to me; I just remember wanting to use tampons which my mom was against.

My daughter probably used her own pocket money to buy disposable razors. Maybe it was at sleep away camp......maybe 11 years old?

At any rate, my mom who's keh around 70 got her period at 10 so I think it's prudent to tell our girls something, and younger is okay just in case.

shoy18

Post Sun, Feb 05 2006, 12:13 pm
when I was in sixth grade we were shown a video in school about a young girls body and how it matures, I remember laughing hysterically with my friends about it becasue we were still little and didnt have a thought in our minds about periods and development...

I also remember my mom giving me a book about it. I dont remember when I started shaving my legs but my mom did tell me about it and show me how to use it.

as for coarse hair on legs, I think it all depends on each person I have always shaved my legs and I dont have coarse hair at all I can go a long time without shaving and you can barely see it.

ektsm

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 6:54 pm
WHen I was 15 around high school age. Though I imagine girls start much younger these days. THey are much more fashion concious. In my day nobody cared. LOL!!

lucky

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 2:23 pm
ektsm wrote:
In my day nobody cared. LOL!!

Are you THAT old??? shock
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children