Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need help w/what to do in NYC
1  2  Next

simplesima

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 12:41 am
HI All,
I am soo excited , I finally got a sitter and am able to chap away for a night! I am going to the sheraton on the hudson this week and would like to do something intresting in Manhatan, We dont go to the movies or theather so thats not an option any other good ideas?
also I would love to take a beautifull boat ride around 9pm does anyone know of anything?

shoy18

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 8:29 am
Check Circle Line Tours

http://www.circleline42.com/in.....eeing

amother

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:06 am
DonnaKL wrote:
HI All,
I am soo excited , I finally got a sitter and am able to chap away for a night! I am going to the sheraton on the hudson this week and would like to do something intresting in Manhatan, We dont go to the movies or theather so thats not an option any other good ideas?
also I would love to take a beautifull boat ride around 9pm does anyone know of anything?

no shows?no movies?how about visiting a nice shul in the city and say some tehillim?

dewyt

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:20 am
Go to the middle of 42nd Street and take the horse and buggy ride around manhattan, I've done it twice, once for my birthday and once with our cousins, guests from israel. it was really nice esp. now since the weather is good.

slimnglam

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
DonnaKL wrote:
HI All,

no shows?no movies?how about visiting a nice shul in the city and say some tehillim?

amother, maybe if you give her yor name she can daven for you!

we don' t either go to movies and know how to have plenty of fun. if that"s your only source of fun, I feel for you.

simplesima

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:40 am
Ill definatly say tehillem for Anom bas anom.
Well good news you can have loads of fun w/o going to the movies or shows. I am thinking of a game arcade anyone now any good ones?
thanks

amother

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:46 am
amother, maybe if you give her yor name she can daven for you!

we don' t either go to movies and know how to have plenty of fun. if that"s your only source of fun, I feel for you.

slimnglam thats hysterical!!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:51 am
If you want arcades, go to ESPN Zone - it's on Broadway in the early 40's.

You can walk through Central Park, go out for dessert, get drinks at The View. . .

amother

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:51 am
Go relax by some nice spa get a massage!
You can to to a good restaurant!

greenfire

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 11:02 am
Enjoy your FUN!!! The horse and buggy ride sounds romantic. Doesn't it go through Central Park as well ...

bashinda

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 11:29 am
greenfire wrote:
Enjoy your FUN!!! The horse and buggy ride sounds romantic. Doesn't it go through Central Park as well ...

it does! I've done that. It's kind of expensive but for a one time thing it's fun.

And OP ignore the first onoxious amother. as you can see there's tons of things in NY to do which don't envolve theater or music and if you're one of hte people who do watch movies (I don't) can't you see a movie in your own town why go to NY to see a movie anyway?

Last edited by bashinda on Mon, May 14 2007, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mrs. Mommy

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 11:43 am
How about Dave and Buster's? It's in Time Square. There are arcades and that kind of stuff there. It's tons of fun. Check out the website here - http://daveandbusters.com/

bashinda

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 10:35 am
I'm bumping this thread as I find myself in a similar position. We're going to go to Manhattan for our anniversary this Sunday and we also don't do movies or shows. Circle Line is an option, also we always go to Abigails but I'm wondering if there's a similar nice restaurant for milchigs instead. What would you suggest? I've heard of something nice on the UES. Although looking at the prices for the Circle Line maybe we'll just get dinner at KD instead LOL

Any other things to do besides the circle line, the horse rides (which we've done before so that's enough for us) and arcades?

Last edited by bashinda on Mon, May 21 2007, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 10:54 am
Well Happy Anniversary BasHinda ... what about a aromantic picnic in the park ... red checkered napkins, bottle of champaign, chocolates for dessert, and a nice dinner ... on one of those big rocks ...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 1:25 pm
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

is it a big number?

bashinda

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 1:47 pm
Depends on what you mean by big. It's a single digit number and a multiple of three Smile

and thanks! Smile

any ideas? DH thinks circle line is way too much money so that's out. watch us go to central park again...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 1:50 pm
Central Park is a date, not an anniversary. But who says you hve to leave home; make a good dinner or get take out, something special!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 2:01 pm
My Most Favorite Food is probably one of the priciest dairy restaurants in Midtown. However, I like Cafe K much more - they have a better menu (IMO).

mumsy23

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 3:08 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
My Most Favorite Food is probably one of the priciest dairy restaurants in Midtown. However, I like Cafe K much more - they have a better menu (IMO).

my most fave is not the most expensive. Va bene or Gusta Vamare are more - I LOVE VEBENE!

bashinda

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 4:45 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Central Park is a date, not an anniversary. But who says you hve to leave home; make a good dinner or get take out, something special!

I don't get it. An anniversary is an occasion. A date can happen on an anniversary.

No offence but make dinner? I want to get out of the house Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics