Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Summer on rosh hashanah?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 9:54 pm
In this in between weather (in NY/NJ) will kids wear their summer clothing on rosh hashana? I would like to save the new clothing for succos but dont want my kids to be the only ones dressed all summery.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 10:15 pm
Wondering the same thing

sky

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 10:16 pm
I'm still doing summer (didn't even buy winter clothing for my kids yet).
They are still wearing short sleeves every day to school. I don't see a reason to change now.
I think most years I notice people saving the new clothing for succos.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:33 pm
people dont wear new for rosh hashana??

amother

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:
people dont wear new for rosh hashana??

To celebrate yom tov:
for man: meat
Women: clothing
Children: sweets

This is a halacha or minhag of sorts I didnt make this up.

I cant spend the money on something new for rosh hashana. Plus practically if I were to buy something new for RH, where I live it is suppose to be in the 90s this year. I dont think I would be able to find something for my kids.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 11:58 pm
Let the weather forecast, not the calendar, be your guide. makes no sense to dress your kid in velvet if it's going to be in the 80s.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 12:03 am
amother wrote:
To celebrate yom tov:

I cant spend the money on something new for rosh hashana. Plus practically if I were to buy something new for RH, where I live it is suppose to be in the 90s this year. I dont think I would be able to find something for my kids.

I dont think amother meant that you must buy something new for RH. I think she meant that if you are anyway buying something then wear it second day of RH instead of keeping it for succos..

Queen18

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 12:08 am
I find that even when it's warm most kids are in their new stuff for R"h

joy613

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 9:10 am
During this transition time, I see a lot of people wear the new stuff but with socks instead of tights.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 9:13 am
I can never understand when it's 90 degrees and the kids (and some ladies) are wearing their new winter clothing. If it's hot out, it's hot, it doesn't matter if it's yom tov.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 9:48 am
amother wrote:
To celebrate yom tov:

This is true for succos, but not necessarily for rosh hashana.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 5:29 pm
glutenless wrote:
I can never understand when it's 90 degrees and the kids (and some ladies) are wearing their new winter clothing. If it's hot out, it's hot, it doesn't matter if it's yom tov.

There are 2 types of people in the world, neither of which can understand the other: Those who dress for fashion and those who dress for comfort. The former may look smarter ("smart" in the sense of trim & stylish) but the latter are smarter ( samrt in the sense of "intelligent").

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 5:31 pm
zaq wrote:
There are 2 types of people in the world, neither of which can understand the other: Those who dress for fashion and those who dress for comfort. The former may look smarter ("smart" in the sense of trim & stylish) but the latter are smarter ( samrt in the sense of "intelligent").

Hey I object! Some fashionistas are great at being weather appropriate Smile

amother

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 7:09 pm
Three days this year so summer clothes during the day and new winter stuff at night (don't have enough clothing for them without doing that anyways, my kids are too old for pjs at night but most of them still make their clothes dirty at every wear)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics