Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Questions

chestnut

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 1:01 pm
when you start toilet training your child, what do you do outside of the house? use the public restrooms (ewww)?

do you start toilet training both - peeing and pooping or concentrate on one thing at a time?

do you find training pants useful or it's better to start with regular panties?

I'm thinking of letting my 2 y. old just run around naked for a few days (friday-sunday) and see if it works. anyone else used this method?

Esther01

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 2:36 pm
it's a great way to toilet train, letting run around naked.

they feel and see what happens and learn to prevent it, they don't like getting their feet all wet.

usually they learn to go for both at the same time.

outside the house is always difficult. I would put on my dd a pull up for just in case and didn't go out for too long.

if you are interested, my dh researched toilet training and wrote a paper (about 6 pages) I can e'mail it to you. pm me.

chestnut

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 9:44 am
thanks.
so, when you put on a pull up for outside, you don't tell her to ask you when she has to make? cause if she does ask (isn't it our goal?), we still can't do anything besides rushing home (I doubt kids at 2 can hold it). this is so confusing...

greenfire

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 9:55 am
relax ... they all learn eventually ... go for the real panties ... wet is wet is wet afterall ... I would train everything but the nighttime at once ... and keep focused bring to bathroom often ... do not wait for her to tell of course it helps if they tell too ... go with her to store and let her choose cute/pretty panties ... make it exciting ... oh and dance with her or yay for her each time she goes ... I personally do not like when candy is given for making ... she is there because it is time ... but be proud ... careful as to when you give drinks ... and have a back-up change of clothing (or pullups if must for longer trips out) - Good Luck!!!

chestnut

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 11:55 am
my daughter doesn't know what a candy is Very Happy well, that'll change as she is starting a playgroup in august...

thanks.

dr pepper

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 10:53 pm
I tried letting my dd run around nekkid... she didn't care and still did what she had to do on the floor for days on end.

tried panties for almost a week, and she went in them too. every time.

I hope your dd is more ready than that, because if she's not, I don't think training over a few days will work.

mimivan

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 12:49 am
chestnut wrote:
my daughter doesn't know what a candy is Very Happy well, that'll change as she is starting a playgroup in august...

thanks.

Ah! Yes! I remember those blissful days before my son went to gan when he thought fresh fruit was a treat (still does to some extent, thank Gd, but I could never get away with it now as a reward).

Basically, I let my son run around naked for about 3 days before he got it. And basically, I didn't go anywhere. Because I was told that once those diapers are off theyare OFF! (except for pullups at night). This was very hard, but quite effective, and better than any other method I tried (although it did mean 3 days off of work). When I did have to go somewhere, I put some pants on him took some spare clothes, wipes and a huge ziplock freezer back (to put "accident" clothes in ) and prayed he wouldn't have an accident outside. They are going to have accidents once in a while when they are trained anyway, so its a good idea to prepare youself early!
B'hatzlacha!

chestnut

Post Wed, May 16 2007, 12:12 pm
ti should be easier for me as I have a babysitter at home now (that's partially why I wanna try now, cause soon dd is starting a playgroup).

here is what I'm planning on doing: let her run naked for 3 days, without going anywhere (pampers or pull ups for the night - but also for the nap - correct?) then, if she gets the point, she'll wear pull ups the whole day till I see she si doing fine and then we'll switch to panties.

I'm not gonna sweat it for weeks and weeks - if she is not ready, she is not ready. but I wanna try now - I keep on telling dd how soon she'll wear "panties" and will go on a toilet and sound very excited - she seems to be glad and excited too.

will let you know how it goes Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training