Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Dd wants to work on a kibbutz this summer

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 7:45 pm
My 10th gr dd wants to spend time in Israel this summer, but she doesnt want to go with any of the programs that I know about. she doesn't want to spend time learning, she is not interested in organized tours. She wants to be immersed in hebrew and living among Israelis and outside. She got this idea that she wants to work on a kibbutz, so I figured I'd ask around and see if there are any programs out there for MO American teenagers like this.
If anyone has ever heard of such a thing, please post details. Thanks.

bfg

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:25 pm
it's a shmitta year - what kind of work will be available on a kibbutz this summer?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:26 pm
bfg wrote:
it's a shmitta year - what kind of work will be available on a kibbutz this summer?

Milking goats?

I think there's one that breeds and trains seeing eye dogs. I know my DD would love that one.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 28 2014, 9:31 pm
I went to kibbutz sde eliahu, they had all sorts of jobs, I worked taking care of babies, some of my friends worked in the field, others with cows, others in the kitchen, it was a nice experience! Plus, they had a hebrew ulpan there, and it was MO.
http://www.seliyahu.org.il/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions