Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Iso chicken barley veg soup Binah

alwaysbesimcha

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:16 pm
I made this soup, which was written in the Binah a few weeks ago, and lost the recipe. Anyone have a copy and can post it here? TIA!

asd3

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:42 pm
I don't have that recipe but the bais yaakov cookbook also has a chicken barley soup recipe

alwaysbesimcha

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:47 pm
I don't have the BY cookbook, do you mind posting the recipe?

kb

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:51 pm
http://overtimecook.com/2012/1.....book/

alwaysbesimcha

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 4:58 pm
Thanks but it's not the same. The one I'm looking for has potatoes and kneidel mix as well. I made it for first days and would love to make it again.

goforit

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 5:06 pm
alwaysbesimcha wrote:
Thanks but it's not the same. The one I'm looking for has potatoes and kneidel mix as well. I made it for first days and would love to make it again.

I made one with barley knidel mix but no potatoes, from the bina. Are you sure about the potatoes? Was the chicken shredded?

I can post it if that's it.

alwaysbesimcha

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 5:16 pm
I remember putting potatoes but if you don't mind please post the recipe anyway. It was a "freezer filler" before y't. Yes it did have shredded chicken.

alwaysbesimcha

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 7:26 pm
I'm desperate! I really wanted to make the soup today and can't find the recipe anywhere.

piece

Post Tue, Oct 14 2014, 9:53 pm
maybe this:
http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....rito/

goforit

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 4:39 am
alwaysbesimcha wrote:
I remember putting potatoes but if you don't mind please post the recipe anyway. It was a "freezer filler" before y't. Yes it did have shredded chicken.

Yeh that's it
One onion diced
4 pieces chicken in a mesh bag
18 cups water
3/4 cup barley
4 carrots diced
3 stalks celery diced
2 potatoes diced
1 tablespoon of salt
1/4 cup chicken consome
1 package matzo ball mix

saute onion in oil for 5 minutes or until translucent. add the chicken and 18 cups water and bring to a boil. add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1 hour over low heat. meanwhile make mini 1 inch matzo ball 1 inch grape size, according to the package directions.
drop them into soup and cook for another hour remove the chicken from the pot and shredded into little pieces and return to soup.

Enjoy

Sorry there are potatoes, I just skipped it.

alwaysbesimcha

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 7:20 am
Thanks tons!

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Oct 15 2014, 8:36 am
DDIL served this on the first days and it was yummy. Even the picky kids loved it. I watched a 2 year old down 2 bowls of it!

ilovegod

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:25 am
I want to make this soup. What kind of chicken ? Cutlets? And is it ok to freeze?

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:19 am
It calls for cutlets but I used deboned bottoms and it was much better because it wasn't dried out from cooking for so long like cutlets would get.
In eithet overtime cook or by cookbook not sure which it says to defrost fully before reheating if you freeze and stir often to prevent clumping.

I actually served this for the seudah hamafsekes on erev yk and we fasted amazing bh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics