Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I CANT lose weight!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 2:04 pm
Seems like no matte what I do - I can't lose the weight I need to lose so badly.
I'm 30YO. I need to lose around 15 kg. at least 10. And I have tried. But it's as if the weight just won't go off.
I don't do crazy yoyo diets. Never . I don't starve myself.
I have tried eating healthy and exercising. I'm trying to eat mostly veggies now, but even that doesn't help.
It's like my body is stuck since my last birth and won't lose the weight.

I'm also low on iron and using the nuva ring. I keep thinking maybe that's why I don't lose weight but this doesn't seem right to me . I mean we all know so many women who have low iron and/ or are on hormonal birth control but only I can't lose weight ???

What do I do? I really need to lose this weight , I really want to work hard for it but it's not working !

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 3:50 pm
Join Weight Watchers. You are guaranteed to lose weight if you follow their plan.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 4:08 pm
I've always had a tough time losing weight while on hormonal bc. Also while nursing- are you still nursing? Also, check your thyroid function. Birth can cause funny things with your thyroid which in turn can cause weight issues.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 19 2014, 11:54 pm
If you're serious about healing and losing weight I'd work with them:
http://eastwesthealing.com/
There are 100's of free videos to learn from but if you want one on one coaching by professionals then check this out.
This is from their site:

1:1 Coaching

The level of confusion about what to eat and how to get healthy is at an all time high and we want to help!

Bottom line…health looks different for each and every person. These differences require close attention and understanding in order to create the perfect healing environment for you.

Our 1:1 coaching program does just this. Our goal is to work side by side and assist you in customizing the perfect plan for you and your life.

It takes a little work, which we understand can be daunting and rightfully so…if you are like most there have already been several failed attempts. We understand this, which is why we offer weekly support and have designed our program based on human physiology.

Our goal is not to tell you what we think you should do based on what has worked for someone else but by what your body is expressing through your physiology. It cannot be argued, the body does not lie!

CLICK HERE to learn more!

If you have any questions or want to communicate with us directly, please email us at support@eastwesthealing.com or call 760-683-8405.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:20 am
amother wrote:
I've always had a tough time losing weight while on hormonal bc. Also while nursing- are you still nursing? Also, check your thyroid function. Birth can cause funny things with your thyroid which in turn can cause weight issues.

So it's really possible that the weight won't go off as long as I'm on BC?
Is it really possible to do it all right and still not lose the weight?

chani8

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:24 am
amother wrote:
So it's really possible that the weight won't go off as long as I'm on BC?
Is it really possible to do it all right and still not lose the weight?

I can't imagine that it would totally hinder your ability to lose, if you were real strict with calories. You could try dieting for three months and see what happens. I'm guessing that at least, you wont gain weight, which BC is known to cause. If you cut the calories enough, you can't not lose.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 5:30 am
chani8 wrote:
I can't imagine that it would totally hinder your ability to lose, if you were real strict with calories. You could try dieting for three months and see what happens. I'm guessing that at least, you wont gain weight, which BC is known to cause. If you cut the calories enough, you can't not lose.

Right, thats what I thought. BUT I've been keepng a very strict diet for over three months now and also last year. As in- no sugars, no white flour. LOTS of veggies daily. Exercise which I think is key by me. True- I didn't gain weight but I didnt lose either. That's why I posted. I find it so strange. I want to go to a nutritionst becuase there must be something I'm doing wrong but the DR won't give me a referal...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 6:03 am
chani8 wrote:

I'm the one who posted about the bc. This is 100% false. I don't lose weight on bc or while nursing even while doing everything right. I don't gain, but I don't lose either (or lose very little). The only way I can actually lose real weight while on bc is by starving myself, and frankly, it is far more healthy to carry a little extra baby weight while knowing I'm taking care of myself, than to take drastic and dangerous measures. Not everything is about calories, especially where hormones are involved.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
Right, thats what I thought. BUT I've been keepng a very strict diet for over three months now and also last year. As in- no sugars, no white flour. LOTS of veggies daily. Exercise which I think is key by me. True- I didn't gain weight but I didnt lose either. That's why I posted. I find it so strange. I want to go to a nutritionst becuase there must be something I'm doing wrong but the DR won't give me a referal...

I'm not on bc and have the same issue-no weightloss despite almost zero carbs, exercise and veggies daily.
The previous link to eastwesthealing has helped me immensely, I hope to work with them one on one.
They give you a free 15 minute consultation that I've done.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the one who posted about the bc. This is 100% false. I don't lose weight on bc or while nursing even while doing everything right. I don't gain, but I don't lose either (or lose very little). The only way I can actually lose real weight while on bc is by starving myself, and frankly, it is far more healthy to carry a little extra baby weight while knowing I'm taking care of myself, than to take drastic and dangerous measures. Not everything is about calories, especially where hormones are involved.

Thanks for the validation. Really.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:15 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not on bc and have the same issue-no weightloss despite almost zero carbs, exercise and veggies daily.
The previous link to eastwesthealing has helped me immensely, I hope to work with them one on one.
They give you a free 15 minute consultation that I've done.

Thats very interesting. What type of things did they tell you?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 1:40 pm
I went on a "non diet", learning how to learn my body's signal for hunger.
Although I am nursing (EBF) I realize how little food I actually need.
I saw great results as long as I stuck to it (when in past I didn't even lose weight on WW/OA/Atkins)
There are many different books out there.

http://www.amazon.com/End-Emot.....ating

http://www.amazon.com/The-Seve.....eople
(not sure why price showing so high, I bought it for a few dollars)

Good Luck, I can identify how hard it is! But I am done with the diet binge cycle. My new way is to learn how to eat like a slim person (eat what you want, when you want, as long as you are physically hungry).

doublemama

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 2:06 pm
I began my weight loss seriously in April. I bought a pedometer, logged at least 10,000 steps daily, 1200 discretionary calories, unlimited veggies, intuative eating, and it took 3 months before I saw anything changing on the scales. I kept at it, I was feeling better but not losing weight. Then in about June the weight started dropping off and hasn't stopped. I am now almost 40 lbs down. Maybe your body just needs some time to ge used to the idea. Weight loss isn't linear by any means. Maybe you need to add more exercise, walking is good....it works for me and I love it.

I also have low iron and have had it all my life, I am not on bc though.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
Thats very interesting. What type of things did they tell you?

It's really person specific, depends on your food intake, hormonal imbalances etc.

So for example I basically ate twice a day because I wasn't feeling hungry and I was following Intuitive Eating guidelines. She explained that it's a worthy goal but for someone whos been dieting for almost 30 years like me, I need to relearn my body signals again ( which I ignored for so many years).

I can't repeat everything but I learned that metabolism is really about cellular energy and by low to NO carbing for almost 10 years I basically put my body in a hyper adrenaline state- bec to convert protein and fat into glucose (which I wasn't providing) is part of the body's stress response. That the body thrives on regularity and by me eating once or twice a day ( as a way of intermittent fasting) I continued stressing my body and so I need to provide my body with energy every 2-3 hours until it knows that I will provide it with food regularly. Eventually I'll learn my body's signals and succeed at eating intuitively.

There's alot more that she helped me with in regards to my hormonal issues.

Hatzlacha

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:24 pm
I once went on a very very healthy but extremely strict diet and coupled it with pretty intense exercise. I was desperate to lose weight several months after having given birth. I had a LOT of weight to lose, so my strict diet (NEVER cheated) and daily intense cardio and weights exercise should have yielded noticeable results. My doctor was monitoring me.

After 1 month....I had lost 1 pound. I literally broke down in tears in my doctor's office. I swore to her that I had never cheated and she totally believed me. We checked my thyroid and, sure enough, my Free T3 was off. She increased my thyroid meds and introduced synthetic T3 pills into my daily regimen, and I instantly started seeing some weight come off. It didn't fall off, but I CERTAINLY saw greater results than one pound per month!!

Hormones and thyroid play a massive role in weight loss. I'd advise making sure that everything is in check. Otherwise you're fighting an losing battle.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:33 pm
amother wrote:
Seems like no matte what I do - I can't lose the weight I need to lose so badly.
I'm 30YO. I need to lose around 15 kg. at least 10. And I have tried. But it's as if the weight just won't go off.
I don't do crazy yoyo diets. Never . I don't starve myself.
I have tried eating healthy and exercising. I'm trying to eat mostly veggies now, but even that doesn't help.
It's like my body is stuck since my last birth and won't lose the weight.

I'm also low on iron and using the nuva ring. I keep thinking maybe that's why I don't lose weight but this doesn't seem right to me . I mean we all know so many women who have low iron and/ or are on hormonal birth control but only I can't lose weight ???

What do I do? I really need to lose this weight , I really want to work hard for it but it's not working !
How soon after you wake up do you eat?
How often do you eat?
What are you drinking, how much and how often?

Learning

Post Mon, Oct 20 2014, 11:50 pm
I just joined the app myfitnesspal it is really helpful. It helps you keep track on your calorie intake and exercise. It is all customized to your body size. Try it.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 9:52 am
ra_mom wrote:
How soon after you wake up do you eat?
How often do you eat?
What are you drinking, how much and how often?

I eat within an hour since waking up. At least three meals a day and many time more veggies in between.
I have been trying to drink lots of water (nothing else) but still working on it.

Thanks for all replies! A lot of it makes sense. I'm going to keep going for another two months and if nothing changes by then I wil speak to the dr more thoroughly or go off bc.
Btw I think I have checked my thyroid and it's fine. And also - I was on myfitnesspal for a few months. I almost always stayed on my 1200 calories intake but still didn't lose much.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
I eat within an hour since waking up. At least three meals a day and many time more veggies in between.
I have been trying to drink lots of water (nothing else) but still working on it.

Thanks for all replies! A lot of it makes sense. I'm going to keep going for another two months and if nothing changes by then I wil speak to the dr more thoroughly or go off bc.
Btw I think I have checked my thyroid and it's fine. And also - I was on myfitnesspal for a few months. I almost always stayed on my 1200 calories intake but still didn't lose much.

This might be one of your issues. I'm the previous amother with the link to eatwesthealing, I was undereating for so many years and didn't lose at all. you might need much more calories, why don't you do the free consult and get some expert help. Two months is a long time....
Hatzlacha with whatever you do.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Oct 21 2014, 11:50 am
It's counter-intuitive but some people say eating meat and even some animal fat, but no starches and only some vegs. More of the leafy vegs, not the sweet or starchy vegs. A little fruit, for fiber and vitamins, but not much fruit, it has sugar. For the moment, no potatoes or carrots or peas or corn, even though they are vegs. The main thing is beef. Eggs would be ok. Cheese, ok. Nothing that even just tastes sweet; no artificial sweeteners either. No oranges or orange juice. No ketchup. Mustard, or oil and vinegar instead. No mayonnaise. Iodized salt is good.

I am no nutritionist you might consider that. I have never done this.

Your body may be hoarding reserve food in what it understands to be scarcity conditions: little meat, and a lot of exertion to get even that, meaning the exercise.

I would still have a one-a-day vitamin, calcium tablets, and definitely acidophilus pills daily.

I would ease up on strenuous exercise and just be pleasantly and comfortably vigorous but no pushing to sweating.

That low iron is a real problem. Your body can't raise its metabolic rate without overall good health and the low iron isn't good health.

Good quality sleep is important for this too.

People are not machines where it's calories in, calories out, and if there is fuel burned, the water boils. That's good physics, but this is biology. Utterly different. It's far more complicated than calorie intake.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise