Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Am I normal???

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 9:42 pm
I just had a baby, and I have nothing at all to wear for yom tov. its exremely hard for me to go shopping with a baby, and I dont have much time to go without him since I need to feed him so often, and I only nurse, no bottles.....

There is a local store here that has clothes for quite expensive. I went there and tried on almost eveything they have that was the least expensice, and NOTHING looked good at all! Finally, I tried on a shirt that fit just right, looked amazing on me, and felt so good to wear. It was 200 dollars. I thought I wouldnt buy it and would keep looking but after looking for two hours, there was nothing else that looked good, and I have to go to shul on shavuos... so I baught it.

we are very tight on money right now and im feeling kind of bad to spend so much money we dont have on a shirt, however, I have nothing else to wear....... its silly to feel guilty now I know but I do.....

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 9:43 pm
I forgot to mention that I am a large size now which is why its so hard for me to find clothes that look good on me.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 9:54 pm
it's hard when you have nothing to wear and get desperate.
of course you're normal!
now the question is.......what does your husband think? if he's upset, see if you can return it. If he doesn't mind, just enjoy and hope to see more money soon. listen, you can't walk around unclothed!

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 9:57 pm
hes not upset. he just thinks its a lot to spend on a shirt. I agree with him but explained to him that I have nothing else to wear and although we are very tight on money, he understands I have nothing else to wear......

Mimisinger

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:09 pm
Amother,
It's very upsetting when clothes don't fit. After having my son, my whole body changed. I didn't just get bigger, my body shape was different and I too only nursed. The shirt was expensive and that can be stressful in and of itself, esp. when we're low on cash, but if it makes you feel good, esp. after a pregnancy, it's def. worth it. Enjoy your shirt and Shavuos.

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:09 pm
thank you!

cindy324

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:17 pm
yeah, don't fret about it amother, been there done that. I also hate to spend that kind of money, but desperate times call for desperate measures. When you're already feeling down and unattractive , finding a nice shirt that fits perfectly is like a ray of sunshine. Enjoy your shirt, and yom tov!

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:05 pm
Just dont forget to wear some nursing pads, you dont want to spot up the shirt too fast, especially if your baby is still quite newborn and the milk supply keeps on comin!!!!

gut yomtov!!!!

amother

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 11:21 pm
Ditto Cindy!

Wear it gezunterheit! Do not fret about the money. I wouldn't either spend that money on a shirt but after a baby...with body out of shape...it's frustrating to not have a decent outfit to wear....I say go for it and don't think about how much you paid for it. Just wear and enjoy!

amother

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 8:32 am
I also just spent on something for Yom tov that I can't really afford. I had no choice as I've been to so many stores and nothing fits right. The outfir I bought is very tznius, no alterations needed and is all year round so I don't feel as guilty. We also don't have any money oy spare at all. I keep telling myself it's for Yom tov.

chen

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 10:46 pm
You have to have something to wear when nothing else fits. It's not as if you bought out the store. Not to worry, an item you love that makes you feel beautiful will pay for itself b/c you will wear it over and over and over. Much better than getting s/t cheap that you don't like and will wear once.

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 12:02 am
YES, YOU ARE!!

If you feel that you had no other option, that was the only thing you can find, then you absolutely did the right thing. You gotta look out for you.

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 12:23 am
You are lucky your husband is not mad at you. If he's not mad at you, baruch hashem! Why do you need our validation? He's the one you need to consult. Okay, he thought it was a lot, but he didn't yell, he didn't give you a get. What more do you want? Be happy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics