Home

Trying again, have questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

dr pepper

Post  Mon, May 21 2007, 1:46 pm
I'm trying to toilet train dd again over the next week since we will all be home to help make it work.

I told her we're going to say bye bye to the diapers and give them to a baby. first she said no, but now she seems ok with it.

what do I do for nap time and night time? sometimes when I let her go diaperless, she hold it in until she gets her diaper for her nap. same thing in the evening before bedtime.

you think if I let her nap without a diaper after a few days she'll get the hang of it, or is that asking too much? will pullups reinforce her diaper habit?

I use cloth, and the thought of pullups $$$ makes my head spin.

chestnut

Post  Mon, May 21 2007, 2:00 pm
I can't really help as I didn't even start toilet training yet, but I was thinking of using diapers for the nap/nighttime. how else can you manage?

another question I had - what do people do when feeding their toddler-in-training in a high chair? let's say, I'll let my daughter to run around without diapers, I can't let her sit in her booster with nothing - what if she makes?

Raisin

Post  Mon, May 21 2007, 2:02 pm
I skip naptime during toilet training. As for nighttime, lots of kids are not dry at night for years after being dry during the day, so don't worry. Just put a diaper on them, or pull ups.

dr pepper

Post  Mon, May 21 2007, 3:46 pm
my dd went in her booster chair when I tried to train her last time. no biggie. just cleaned it up. what I do is ask her before if she has to go, and tell her that if she needs to go during the meal, tell me.

not so worried about nighttime, but I know she will hold it in for naptime.

for example, she used the potty today, then wouldn't go for 1.5 hours before naptime. I put on a diaper, and she woke up soaked. I'm not really toilet training her, that seems to me more like training her to hold in in for long periods.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training