Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Omg!! I feel like I'm falling apart

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 2:11 am
ok
I don't have regular job hours- I work according to assignments. and they can be overloading and then other times its easier; but my head is constantly in my work even when I'm "resting"
we're trying to make ends meet.
b/c of tuition costs I had to take this job.
I'm capable but have no degrees so I'm limited in how to make "good money"
I have a large family and I have one almost shidduch age- and I'm going crazy-
how will I get the money.??
my husband feels and sees the stress but the money is not flowing in- he works long hours!!!my house feels like its on wheels and I feel like I can't get off!
help!!!!!!!!!!!!
just writing this is making me burn inside-I'm soooooo stressed. I cry alot now- I'm edgy and getting depressed. I say alot of tehillim. I don't have a social life- and b/c of my hectic schedual I don't have much contact with my family. all I do is work and try to be a mom.there's so much tension,there so much more but so little time.
anyone-and don't tell me to get another job- if I knew what I could I would- I need a minumum of $4000 a month and that is mostly to go to tuition and it still doesn't cover it. I haven't made it this year -so now I'm in more debt . so if you know any job that will pay that kind of money clean without me having a degree -let me know.I'm willing to take a course but I can't go back to school as I need to bring in money asap. plus my head is not into doing assignments etc. please someone help

mimivan

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 3:02 am
Where do you live? If you are in Israel and are a good typist, I may have a lead for you.

willow

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 4:47 am
Hi Mimivan I am not the amother but I am looking for work. Would you be able to help me?

Seraph

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 5:00 am
Mimivan, I'm also open to a suggestion. And I'm in israel!

mimivan

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 5:05 am
Okay: I'll post this information for those interested. It is financial transcription, which means some familiarity with financial terminology and fast typing (min 50 wpm) You'll have to work evening hours--the reason I could not do this job was because it conflicted with my family schedule with my kids, but maybe some of you are free in the evenings.

Here is the contact info:
Maureen Bayer

Recruiter

IDT Global Services, Ltd.

Tel: 02-541-2611

Fax: 02-541-2886

Ask them for details about sending a resume and taking a typing test.

Also, there are alot of work at home opportunities at www.wahm.com That site saved my life! Sign up for forums in your area of expertise.

I also know someone who is making alot of money selling NuSkin (sp?). If you are interested, PM me.
B'hatzlacha!

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 2:55 pm
I am the one who posted- I'm so grateful that you care- thanks
unfortunately I live in brooklyn so any other suggestions would be great!!!!

ganizzy

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 3:07 pm
op do you have food stamps, wic, medicaid? that doesnt cover tuition but it can help with other things.

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 3:34 pm
I'm afraid I'm not eligible -which makes things sooooooooo hard!!we're not rich and I wouldn't even classify as middle class -ka'h there are 11 of us and tuition for school and summer alone is breaking us-we are in over our heads. I always believed that we'll do our part (pru urevu) and Hashem will take care of us- was I that naive???
while I write this I'm emabarrassed thaat my belief is wavering. in one way I feel I have such strong faith that Hashsem got us here this far -with healthy good children and that others have it much worse and on the other hand I'm drowning in pressure to provide and in major debt. at this point I don't know how I'll even get regisstered for schoolthis year-I'm so far behind in tuition. the begging and grovelling is too much and the administration gives us a hard time that we are reduced to "#$%^" every time we go in for registration. its a miracle that we get our children in year after year. and every year I feel like this will be the year we won't get them in. and ofcourse the kids are humiliated as they are usually the ones sent home for a few days until someone has mercy on us and lets us in!
I can't take it anymore!!
thans for caring

baseballmom

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 3:38 pm
(((hugs-OP)))!

amother

Post Fri, May 25 2007, 3:44 pm
mimivan I went on wahm and I don't know if I can trust these people-frauds etc- do you know of any of jobs that are for real or that you've tried?

mimivan

Post Sat, May 26 2007, 7:37 pm
Don't look at the ads, look at the forums: there is a very long list...cybersecretaries, other kinds of jobs. Once you get on a forum, you can ask other WAHMs for assistance on how to find work. Yes, don't worry about the banner ads, unless you don't mind Multi-level marketing things like Herbalife. People have been known to make some money doing that stuff, but not eveyrone likes it.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 27 2007, 5:53 pm
Why not take a regular full time job with benefits? Why are you working "assignments" and "going crazy"?

What about taking a job in one of your kids' schools to offset tuition?

cindy324

Post Mon, May 28 2007, 9:19 pm
Quote:
the begging and grovelling is too much and the administration gives us a hard time that we are reduced to "#$%^" every time we go in for registration. its a miracle that we get our children in year after year. and every year I feel like this will be the year we won't get them in. and ofcourse the kids are humiliated as they are usually the ones sent home for a few days until someone has mercy on us and lets us in!
I can't take it anymore!!

So sorry you are going through this. Why does a yiddishe family have to go through this kind of treatment to be able put their kids into a yeshiva??? Is this the way yidden should be treating eachother??? This whole thing just makes me Exploding anger
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics