Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Going "out for coffee"
1  2  Next

Do you go out for coffee?
I go out for coffee with a friend as often as possible.  
 6%  [ 11 ]
I go out for coffee by myself as often as possible.  
 0%  [ 1 ]
I go out for coffee with a friend or by myself as often as possible.  
 8%  [ 15 ]
I go out for coffee once in awhile.  
 17%  [ 32 ]
I hardly ever go out for coffee though I would love to.  
 30%  [ 55 ]
I don't think about going out for coffee.  
 24%  [ 45 ]
I don't like going out for coffee.  
 6%  [ 11 ]
Other.  
 6%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 182

GramaNewYork

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 2:06 am
I am curious as to your feelings about going out for coffee, either with a friend or by yourself, no matter where you live.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 2:26 am
"out for coffee" is a saying for me, because I'm a backwards coffee snob - I only like instant coffee in my own house Smile but I do get together with friends in the mornings for "coffee" either at one of our houses or out at a cafe pretty often.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 2:45 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
I am curious as to your feelings about going out for coffee, either with a friend or by yourself, no matter where you live.

I don't understand the question. Do I like to go out? Do I drink coffee?

My "feelings" about going out for coffee? I don't think I have any strong feelings about this. Should I?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 3:08 am
I'll go or with friends maybe at a coffee shop or elsewhere. But if I need a coffee, I'll make my own.
There aren't any coffee shops, kosher or not, where I live.

Catcher

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 3:53 am
I absolutely love going out for coffee. If I could spend the whole day in a coffee shop I would be so happy. I'm also a huge coffee snob.

chani8

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:30 am
I grab a coffee and sit down to shmooze on imamother almost every day. Does that count?

imasinger

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 6:48 am
I chose "other." I hardly ever "go out for coffee", though I would love to. It's a way to build or reconnect friendships. But I don't drink coffee. I like herbal tea.

cookiejar

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 6:53 am
This smells of research study to me... Frum women and their coffee-drinking proclivities - EXPOSED!

PAMOM

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 7:03 am
I love to sit at the Starbucks near me and work. It's in the middle of a frum neighborhood, so there are lots of covered heads ( men and women ).

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:32 am
I don't drink coffee.

I would happily go out for coffee with a friend and drink hot chocolate, but who has time for that?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:33 am
I went out yesterday and the day before with two different friends. I sometimes go with a friend, but rarely besides this week Wink and sometimes with my dh, but not in quite awhile. Before we bought a coffee machine that foams the milk, I would buy a cup of coffee once in awhile, but not drink it in the store.

momX4

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:35 am
monsey has a great coffee shop, yoffee. I go out with dh or dd a couple times a year.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:32 am
I used to have a lot more time available to me, and I loved going out for coffee- on my own, with dh, with friends, family...
These days I am very busy, and going out for coffee has not happened in a while. But I create my own café-like atmosphere; I brew dunkin donuts coffee, and have it with a (healthy-ish) snack, and browse the web/newspaper/magazine.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:51 am
If I bother, may as well invite/be invited/restaurant/picnic.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:13 am
It's coffee. How can you go wrong??

supty

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 10:14 am
I "go out for coffee" by myself at least a few times a week to study. I find it easier to study when I'm out because if I stay home I end up doing other things. It gets expensive though Wink I also occasionally go for coffee with friends. I love coffee, and it's easier to just grab a coffee together than to go for a whole dinner or activity...

yit92

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 11:16 am
Anyone know of a place to rent a chocolate fountain in Brooklyn/ Boro Park?

groisamomma

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 12:03 pm
yit92 wrote:
Anyone know of a place to rent a chocolate fountain in Brooklyn/ Boro Park?

You're in the wrong thread. Repost in Inquiries about New York section.

Elbowmac

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 1:23 pm
The last time I went out for coffee with a friend and actually sat and consumed it in the store was 17 months ago. I counted!

I guess it might be time for another coffee date...

The last time I bought coffee and drank it on the run, however, was 2 hours ago LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:14 pm
I make my own coffee at home. All of my friends are way too busy to sit down and shmooze like that. I might go over to someone else's house and share a cup of coffee, but they're also wrangling children, sweeping the floor, and I might pitch in and help fold laundry. There's just not enough hours in the day!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics