Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
People who take care of medicaid/lakewood
1  2  Next

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 5:45 pm
do you know who does medicaid and I will pay. I am opening a new case. I cant take care of it myself

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 6:00 pm
You can call LRRC - Lakewood Resource and Referral Center 732 942 9292. They help people get different social services. I don't know if they do it all for you, I think they just advise you. They have a website if you want to check them out, google it.

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 6:45 pm
thanks, I am looking for people that do it privately, not an organization.

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 8:30 pm
anyone?

moma

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:47 pm
Chemed.
Great service, great doctors, and they work with pending medicaid and sliding scale. OB peds and adults

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Dec 11 2014, 9:53 pm
Here in lakewood private people are not doing this (like they are in Brooklyn) and we all trust the LRRC and Chemed. It's all frum and they are very helpful. You can even go to the medicaid office yourself and get the paperwork (on 4th st and clifton) if you dont want to go the the frum offices. Nothing to be afraid of ... just do it!

sourstix

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 12:01 am
moma- I dont understand what your talking about. isnt chemed a group of doctors? I am looking for someone to take care of my medicaid case. I need medicaid before I go to the doctors. I dont have it yet. I am not comfortable doing it myself. I hope I was clear now. I dont know lakewood well at all. so please clue me in. thanks.

mommyla

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 12:05 am
What everyone's trying to say is that there's nobody here who "does" Medicaid, who will apply for you. You can call the LRRC (glutenless posted the number above) and they can help you, walk you through it, but they will not take care of the application process. You'll have to do that yourself.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 9:10 am
chemed has an office that helps you apply for jersey care. ( I assume they are helping people enroll so they will use the dr.'s there). I think that office is much less busy than lrrc is but lrrc is around much longer.

sky

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 9:56 am
Sounds like a business for someone in Lakewood to open...

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 9:59 am
I dont really think that people will pay for something that is offered for free. If people are eligible then there really isn't extra money to spend on a free service.

kollel wife

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 10:01 am
Try Malka Zions.

sky

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 10:05 am
lkwdlady wrote:
I dont really think that people will pay for something that is offered for free. If people are eligible then there really isn't extra money to spend on a free service.

If people in NY are willing to pay for it, why not here?
And with supposedly all the people moving here from NY busy with the move and used to paying for the help they may want someone to get it together for them.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 10:11 am
maybe .. but not the yeshiva people. They will ask around and see how others applied and then follow the lead. For some reason in Brooklyn among the chassidim it is common practice to pay someone to take care of this for you but it is really not necessary. The ladies in the LRRC will tell you exactly what to do. The application is written on a 4th grade reading level. It asks for basic info. like names, birth dates, social security #'s.... Many people just download an application from the internet and send it back to the medicaid office themselves. But if there are specific questions that a person needs help with then they can go to chemed or lrrc and they will have their questions answered. It's really a smooth process for free coverage.

21young

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 11:02 am
I hope to offer some clarification:
In Brooklyn there are private companies that apply for you. Why would you pay someone to apply for you? 1) you don't want the hassle 2) you don't think you will qualify so you need them to put in the right numbers that will help you qualify
I am no lawyer, but I don't see how this can be very legal because someone else is misrepresenting themselves as you, for application purposes.
If you're doing it for reason #1 are you sure you need Medicaid? The people who Medicaid was created for don't have money to spend on avoiding this minor hassle.
If you're doing it for reason #2 it's fraud to cook the numbers. I understand that not everything is always clear cut, and that's why Chemed and the LRRC offer guidance to help you qualify. What they don't do is choose numbers that will ensure that you're eligible.
In summation, this is why in Lakewood there are no private companies who apply for Medicaid on your behalf.

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 11:07 am
about chemed ... I'm not 100% sure, but I think that once you contact them for enrollment they will allow you to see their dr.'s while you are awaiting your cards. Call them to confirm this.

sourstix

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 11:25 am
[quote="21young"]I hope to offer some clarification:
In Brooklyn there are private companies that apply for you. Why would you pay someone to apply for you? 1) you don't want the hassle 2) you don't think you will qualify so you need them to put in the right numbers that will help you qualify
I am no lawyer, but I don't see how this can be very legal because someone else is misrepresenting themselves as you, for application purposes.
If you're doing it for reason #1 are you sure you need Medicaid? The people who Medicaid was created for don't have money to spend on avoiding this minor hassle.
If you're doing it for reason #2 it's fraud to cook the numbers. I understand that not everything is always clear cut, and that's why Chemed and the LRRC offer guidance to help you qualify. What they don't do is choose numbers that will ensure that you're eligible.
In summation, this is why in Lakewood there are no private companies who apply for Medicaid on your behalf.[/quote]ba

this was very disgusting on your part. how do you know what my reasons are? who says I live in brookly and doing stuff thats fraud. oh how not nice that was. thanks to everyone else for helping out. this post was so unnecessary. I could vomit now everytime someone asks about these programs someone has to put it in with so much bad intent. I am truly upset now. and maybe oh maybe I have a very sick child thats eligible and needs care all the time so I have coverage as soon as possible? that you didnt think of? well I would give you some choice words but I think I will control myself now.

sourstix

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 11:31 am
[quote="kollel wife"]Try Malka Zions.[/quote]

thanks I will try. do you know her number?

21young

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 2:36 pm
sourstix wrote:
ba

this was very disgusting on your part. how do you know what my reasons are? who says I live in brookly and doing stuff thats fraud. oh how not nice that was. thanks to everyone else for helping out. this post was so unnecessary. I could vomit now everytime someone asks about these programs someone has to put it in with so much bad intent. I am truly upset now. and maybe oh maybe I have a very sick child thats eligible and needs care all the time so I have coverage as soon as possible? that you didnt think of? well I would give you some choice words but I think I will control myself now.

Sourstix, I have no time now but I wanted to reply before Shabbos. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I mentioned Brooklyn because the only place that I know of where this goes on is in Brooklyn. Not to excuse, but to explain myself, you mentioned that maybe you have a sick child who needs medicaid. I am that person; I need medicaid for my sick child. DH and I both work crazy hard to support ourselves, and it kills me that I'm paying health insurance for healthy, able-bodied people who are leaching off the system. Maybe I'm a stubborn Republican, but I don't take SSI for my sick child because I hate the thought of using any government money that I don't absolutely require. When you mentioned paying someone to apply for you, the only reasons I could think of someone doing that was for the two reasons I stated. Again, I'm sorry that I hurt you.

sourstix

Post Fri, Dec 12 2014, 4:11 pm
[quote="21young"]Sourstix, I have no time now but I wanted to reply before Shabbos. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I mentioned Brooklyn because the only place that I know of where this goes on is in Brooklyn. Not to excuse, but to explain myself, you mentioned that maybe you have a sick child who needs medicaid. I am that person; I need medicaid for my sick child. DH and I both work crazy hard to support ourselves, and it kills me that I'm paying health insurance for healthy, able-bodied people who are leaching off the system. Maybe I'm a stubborn Republican, but I don't take SSI for my sick child because I hate the thought of using any government money that I don't absolutely require. When you mentioned paying someone to apply for you, the only reasons I could think of someone doing that was for the two reasons I stated. Again, I'm sorry that I hurt you.[/quote]

it wasnt just me. its not something that should not have been discussed at a place that all I did was ask a decent question. it wasnt a time for debate. besides is there something illegal for someone to take care of something I cant do. bec a-I have no time b-because of so many other reasons? common I think it was lh' on a public forum. thats all I wanted you to hear. it wasnt per say just me. I have a very good friend whos child is in a wheel chair and on ssi- she has so little funds for anything else. and she had no choice but accept medicaid. and she is so busy with this chronically disabled child theres absolutely no time for going down to apply and take care of it. it hurts when something that some pp do in fraud and hurt others by making others look just as bad. it hurts bec pp do it all the time. why did it have to be on a public forum? I see you apologized. I hope others will see that it isnt fair and right to accuse. thanks

btw I am also a staunch republican. and believe in all their stuff. I get you. thats why its called america.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics