Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Master shopping list

acccdac

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 8:16 pm
For those of you who follow flylady, or kosheronabudget.com, or any other organizational methods.....

I have created a master shopping list for myself. I did not make it into a price book yet like kosheronabudget.com suggests (I'm just not up to that yet).

I wanted to know, what is the best way of utilizing it.

I have created a one page master shopping list specifically for costco and smart n final. I find that its easier for me to check off the one page list before leaving to these stores and making sure I got everything.

Should I make checklists for the usual stores I shop at such as kosher store #1, kosher store #2, trader joes, Vons, Target?

Or do I just carry around the 4 papers with me (the list is in 4 categories)?

Another suggestion I had read online is to put each list into a sheet protector on the fridge and let the family check off what they need and I make my shopping list from it and erase once its purchased. However I dont like to clutter my fridge and I dont have an area for family papers to be hung. The only other idea is to put it on the back of my pantry door.

notme

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 8:35 pm
I have an app called "out of milk" on my phone that you can create multiple lists on. It's awesome.

acccdac

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:19 pm
okay so I got the app and I signed up online.

I have my master list typed in excel so I was able to import it into my pantry list.

However, the quantity is in % not amount and I saw that I could change it but I dont want to change it for EACH item, is there a way to do it universally? I have about 200 items I dont want to change and save for every item.

Is a list in the pantry section the best place for my master list?

How do the categories work? (I'm not finding the site/app to be user friendly where they offer suggestions or ideas)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics