Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
I Played Keyboard at a Chassuna Last Week

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 7:22 pm
I played keyboard at a chassuna last week along with my sons — great fun! DS#1 is a good singer and an excellent tummler (emcee), and DS#2 plays flute.

DS#2 and I played slow, emotional going down the aisle-type music during the ceremony except when I had to change roles for a minute because I was one of the people walking the kallah down the aisle, and DS#1 did the emcee stuff.

Then during the reception DS#1 sang fast chassuna and Chanukah dance numbers and kept the energy level high while I played keyboard, and my flute-playing younger son joined the dancing because we don't have a flute mike. And we all played together for a few slower pieces during the seuda.

After bentching all the menfolk went off to daven in the sanctuary and one of the girls requested some kumzitz songs so I accompanied the girls and women — they all gathered around the kallah and sang with her. It was hauntingly beautiful!

Anyone else ever get together to jam or play?

Scrabble123

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 7:52 pm
Wow! Good for you!

zaq

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:28 pm
Fabulous!

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:41 pm
Wow! May you be zoche to use your talents to be mesameach many a chassan and kallah! I would have lovved a kumzitz at my wedding!!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 9:43 pm
Cool! Cool

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Dec 27 2014, 11:08 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Wow! May you be zoche to use your talents to be mesameach many a chassan and kallah! I would have lovved a kumzitz at my wedding!!

One girl stood guard by the door to make sure no men accidentally crashed the kumzitz... but my sons said afterwards they had to cover their ears to not hear the women singing while they were davening.

be good

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 11:44 am
that is so beautiful. I can imagine it must feel wonderful to do something like that for a couple to enhance their special day.

CantBe

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 11:56 am
Who remembers The Partridge Family?

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 1:45 pm
sounds loverly - wish I could have seen & heard Music
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts