Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ptosis(droopy eyelid)

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:30 am
my daughter was born with ptosis(droopy eyelid) in her right eye. which means she cant open her lid all the way. I went to an eye doctor and she has to patch her good eye so that the right eye shouldn't become lazy. my doctor wanted me to do surgery to correct it. I would love to hear from somebody that has a child with ptosis and what they did

Henya

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 7:32 pm
My son was born with a drooping eyelid. The doctor told us that as long as the lid doesn't cover the pupil, we will not operate. As he got older, it got much better. Although at times, like when he is tired, it's much more visible.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 12:31 pm
my son is 5 1/2 years old and was born with ptosis in both eyes. b"h both eyes are even and dont look weird. I went to 3 great doctors in this field and each and every single one gave me a diff opinion, I was soooo confused that I just ended up doing nothing!!

1 doctor told me its purely cosmetic and I shouldnt operate
2nd doctor told me it will affect him later in life and the earlier I operate, the better
3rd told me his eyesight is great, but if I want, he can operate

sooooo, if you find a solution, I would love to hear!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 2:43 pm
I have a relative with one drooping eyelid - not so significantly noticeable, maybe more so when tired.
She is in her late seventies with no vision difficulties, except for glasses that she's always had.

In her case the droopiness is only cosmetic and you really would not notice it until she'd point it out.
If the droopiness is small I would ignore it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics