Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Being a driver for Uber
1  2  Next

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:26 pm
My husband is currently unemployed and someone mentioned to him that he should sign up to become a driver for the car service company Uber and he can make some side money til he finds a job. Has anyone done this? Can you tell me about it? Looking for any and all info. Thanks.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 12:57 am
Read the article in wired mag

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 10:46 am
Where are you located? I do not know about uber specifically, but I do know of other car service companies that people in Brooklyn worked for during the time they were in between jobs and they were able to make a decent amount of money with some hard work.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:19 am
http://www.quora.com/How-much-.....-Uber

http://uberdriverdiaries.com/

search for yourself the reviews

the best time in general for driving any cab is late at night when most people don't want that shift ...

obviously it depends on the city - whether or not it's a city that never sleeps or a city that goes to bed at 8:00pm

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 12:03 pm
why should he sign up for uber? he can work for a regular car service and it's so much safer.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 12:18 pm
I hear Uber is amazing. Dh uses it a lot and talks to all the drivers. They love it, make more money than they did before, don't have to deal with the money - it all goes through credit card and everyone is rated before they are picked up.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 1:06 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
why should he sign up for uber? he can work for a regular car service and it's so much safer.

because then he is working for himself = through uber & gets more calls based on location & immediate need

and it is neither safer nor more dangerous ...

suzyq

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 1:08 pm
Check out Lyft also - very similar to Uber, but without the bad press.

passaicmom

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 8:14 pm
My friend is currently unemployed and drives for Uber. She feels so good that she doesn't just have to sit in her house all day. She has met so many interesting people and it has really lifted her spirit. She still looks for work everyday but doesn't have to obsess over it all day.

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:15 pm
passaicmom wrote:
My friend is currently unemployed and drives for Uber. She feels so good that she doesn't just have to sit in her house all day. She has met so many interesting people and it has really lifted her spirit. She still looks for work everyday but doesn't have to obsess over it all day.

Can you ask her how she signed up for it? Or maybe this is a weird question but can you put me or my husband in touch with her? We couldn't figure out how to sign up for the people with regular cars, for some reason online it said you have to have a commercial car only but I hear so many people drive with Uber so there must be some way to sign up. Please let me know thanks.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:54 am
Bumping this old thread...

IloveHashem613 - Did your husband end up driving for Uber? If yes, can you share your/his experience? DH considering doing this now on the side for extra income...
If anyone else has any experience doing this then I would appreciate any advice. We are desperately looking to earn additional income to cover our expenses. Thanks

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
Bumping this old thread...

IloveHashem613 - Did your husband end up driving for Uber? If yes, can you share your/his experience? DH considering doing this now on the side for extra income...
If anyone else has any experience doing this then I would appreciate any advice. We are desperately looking to earn additional income to cover our expenses. Thanks

I know someone who drives for lyft. He drives really late at night and really early morning and makes an average of $45 an hour. He told me that he has made up to $100 an hour. It is definitely a very good option to make extra money.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:15 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I know someone who drives for lyft. He drives really late at night and really early morning and makes an average of $45 an hour. He told me that he has made up to $100 an hour. It is definitely a very good option to make extra money.

What location is he working in?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:15 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

mommy3b2c- Thanks for responding and for mentioning about Lyft which we can look into to compare with Uber.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:32 am
I have a friend in USA who does it, she met some weirdos though

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
mommy3b2c- Thanks for responding and for mentioning about Lyft which we can look into to compare with Uber.

I heard that lyft pays more. I’m not sure though.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
What location is he working in?

He lives in Washington heights. I’m assuming he does a lot of driving in that area, but I’m not sure. And he definitely drives in other areas as well.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:41 am
Just keep in mind when going into this type of business that wear-and-tear on your car will be an added expense.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:45 am
Just keep in mind there is wear & tear on your car, mileage, paying for gas & ez pass. Those can add up quickly.
Also location and time of day factor into how many rides you can get.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 19 2018, 11:47 am
Many drivers work for Uber and Lyft. Some also work for Juno. In addition to that they work at a local car service too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries