Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Computer has wrong time!

Ima'la

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 2:33 am
The clock in the bottom-right corner of my screen says the correct time, but when I receive an e-mail, the time received is listed as an hour earlier than it really is. I tested this by sending myself an e-mail. The time sent was correct, but the time received was an hour before I sent it! It is not a problem with outlook, because I tested it by sending myself an e-mail from my gmail acct. and the same thing happened!

Any ideas how I can fix this?

P.S. DH lost patience with it and asked me to fix it, but I don't know how, so I decided to ask here. He was laughing at me for trying to find the solution on Imamother.....so I told him if I get the answer here, he has to take me out for chocolate ice cream! Very Happy

loveit

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 2:56 am
you may need to go into your email settings or options and make sure that you have the correct time zone set

Good luck...hope you find the answer here!!! hehe

Ima'la

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 8:30 am
Ok, I just sent a test e-mail from my gmail account. The send and receive times were an hour earlier than they should be. In Outlook, only the receive time is an hour early. The send time is correct. Could it be because my server never changed to daylight savings time? I checked the Internet header on the Outlook message, and it said that my server received it at the "correct" time. Hmmm.....Anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics