Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
CASH PROBLEMS
1  2  Next

JEWISHMAMA

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 5:25 am
MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN STUDYING FOR 3 YEARS TO GET HIS RN AND WE ARE FINALLY AT THE END. OUR CASH FLOW HAS BEEN VERY TIGHT TO SAY THE LEAST. NOW WE ARE ALMOST OVER THE STRESS SEEMS TO HAVE MOUNTED UP AND I´M EXPERIENCING ALL SORTS OF PAINS IE STOMACH PROBLEMS, BACK ACHE, HEADACHES. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A FEW WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT SO THAT I CAN GET THESE NEXT 4 MONTHS OVER WITH?

miriam

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 10:31 am
Aww, it sounds like you have been doing a great job. It's almost over. Do you work? Give yourself a pat on the back for all your hard work and sacrifices.

buba123

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 12:02 pm
JEWISHMAMA - Try not to worry too much about the money situation. I'm a chronic worrier (even though I'm a happy person!!) my husband always sees me worrying about stuff and he always says - tell me what's wrong, I'll worry for you... But that only helps to an extent!! You have to change your attitude about it. What I do is this - sit down and think about everything - worry about it for a few minutes and then stand up and say to yourself - "that's it, I worried about it and there's nothing more I can do". Money is money - it causes worries, but health is everything. It's ok to be in debt but as long as you have your health - everything's ok. Thank g-d your husbands ok and will im yirtzeh hashem earn a good living soon.. It's hard but the wait is almost over!! Smile

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Jun 16 2005, 2:45 am
thanks for your support. I do work as a secretary half day in a garage. I work for a family that has known me for over 20 years and I know that if I need anything they are there. I guess it´s really not so bad but I just needed to vent, so I really appreciate your input.

buba123

Post Thu, Jun 16 2005, 7:41 pm
That's what this site is all about (no ?! ) It's nice to meet people from so far away and from such a different culture!!! Might come visit you one day, I always thought of Gibraltar as a very romantic place?? Smile

JEWISHMAMA

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 3:39 am
COME ANYTIME. MY FAMILY IS PLANNING ON MAKING ALIYAH SOON BUT THE COMMUNITY IS VERY FREINDLY.

Pearl

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 6:41 am
I actually had no idea there's a jewish community on gibraltar!
any kosher shops there? will make vacationing there so much easier!

JEWISHMAMA

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 6:53 am
WE HAVE 3 KOSHER SHOPS, 1 BAKERY, 4 SHULS ALL ORTHODOX, 1 TALMUD TORAH, 2 HIGH SCHOOLS AND 1 MIKVE (VERY IMPORTANT!).

Pearl

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 7:11 am
wow, thanks for that! seems like iyh we have a new holiday destination after this summer!

and sorry to have gone off topic....!

I really do hope things will work out for you. money problems are awful, I know all about that. but iyh balance will come soon!

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 1:29 pm
where is gibraltar anyways?

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 2:54 pm
Off the coast of Spain, but it belongs to Great Britian. Very popular holiday destination for the British (Jews). A nice opportunity for them to see the sun. Very Happy

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 9:15 pm
I know someone who married a boy from Gibralter about 5 years ago. Smile
Btw, if you need money, there are lending gmachs. they probably have no interest.
hatzlocha raba

technic

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:02 am
sarahd Very Happy - britain has TOO MUCH sun right now thank u v much - in fact im happy 2 export some if any of u r having a cold day...???

sarahd

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:05 am
Quote:
Btw, if you need money, there are lending gmachs. they probably have no interest.

What do you mean, they "probably" don't have interest? They certainly don't charge interest - it's assur min haTorah. Besides, that's the whole point of a gemach, to lend money without interest.

sarahd

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:08 am
Thanks, technic. We are schvitzing here - 77° and humid here now, going up to 87°. No sign of any relief in sight, either.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:19 am
brachad, who married a gibraltarian boy 5 years ago. if you don´t mind me asking. the thing is it is a very small place and everyone knows everyone

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 9:48 pm
I'm not sure WHo she married, but the girl (from brooklyn)'s maiden name is yael bradshaw. they possibly live in israel now

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 3:43 am
now I know who you mean. we used to be in school together. small world huh.

newme

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 3:49 pm
Jewish Mama - I wonder if I know you. I was in Gibraltar for close on five years with my husband who was in the Kollel there!
You can PM me if you wish and see if we do LOL

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Sep 30 2005, 3:52 am
Just to let everyone know, My husband is now a registered nurse with a job and baruch HASHEM our cash problems should now be over.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics